Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2010, 10:12 AM  

St. George
4 Wheeling in Nevada?

Anyone gone?
Thinking of going to Sand Mountain for the weekend...
Recommendations?

Old 09-11-2010, 01:25 AM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
If you havent heard yet, The King of the Hammers Stampede race is happening tomorrow (9-11-10) at Exit 28 Motorsports complex. From Reno, head East on Interstate 80 to Exit 28. Follow the signs and the line of cars.

It will be a good time.

As for sand mountain, Its fun but it can get congested. If you plan on camping out there, I should forewarn you that it doesnt get quiet. People play their music, ride their sand rails, dirtbikes, atv's etc all through the night. If its your first time on the dunes, be careful. There are numerous incidents out there each year, some have been serious injurys from inexperience.

If its your first time, try to stay on the outskirts and get a feel for how it goes out there. I dont want to deter you from going out there, just giving a good heads up.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:43 AM  

St. George
I've been a couple times but I will still probably stick to the outskirts, don't need any injuries on our hands.

Really wish I could have made it out to the race! How was it?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:15 PM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
Absolutely amazing. My team placed 13th out of a little over 50 rigs. We placed 6th in qualifying for the big race, King of the Hammers, in February in Johnson Valley, CA.

TONS of rollovers, couple overheating issues, several rigs lost the gears in the differentials and at least one vehicle that I know of, had an electrical fire.

Out of the 50+ rigs that took off the line, 18 Finished the race, 5 completed 2 laps, 10 finished 1 lap and the rest were DNF's
Old 09-16-2010, 10:39 AM  

St. George
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Absolutely amazing. My team placed 13th out of a little over 50 rigs. We placed 6th in qualifying for the big race, King of the Hammers, in February in Johnson Valley, CA.

TONS of rollovers, couple overheating issues, several rigs lost the gears in the differentials and at least one vehicle that I know of, had an electrical fire.

Out of the 50+ rigs that took off the line, 18 Finished the race, 5 completed 2 laps, 10 finished 1 lap and the rest were DNF's

WOW. Sounds like I missed all the fun.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:03 PM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
It was quite epic.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 AM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
I go wheeling all the time around las vegas.

We do potato ridge a lot (up and over the mountains behind red rock), Wheeler Pass, been out to Logandale a few times, the dunes out by nellis, etc.

Lots of fun stuff right close to the city.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:53 PM  

Henderson, Nevada
I?ve done those a couple of times myself. It?s been quite few years since I did potato ridge and was told just recently that potato ridge has been closed for quite some time. Do you know if that?s true?
Old 09-24-2010, 01:46 PM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwm52 View Post
I?ve done those a couple of times myself. It?s been quite few years since I did potato ridge and was told just recently that potato ridge has been closed for quite some time. Do you know if that?s true?

Not closed, I see trucks and 4wheelers and people up there all the time. It's a state road, head into red rock and go up and over, or head to pahrump and end in redrock!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:08 PM  

Henderson, Nevada
Thanks for that bit of info. For some strange reason I can?t wait till I meet-up with my friend again and tell him he was wrong.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada
Bookmark this Page!