Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
The immediate Las Vegas area has some great things to offer. You can always get in touch with a desert tour company and do some off roading (buggy, quad, etc), hike Mt Charleston, visit the Hoover Dam, and if it suites your taste you can try your hand at some automatic weapons

Old 11-30-2010, 09:41 AM  

gardnerville, nv
DONT DONT DONT go to vegas it SUCKS, I used to live their and my wife's and my family still does so we go back at least twice a year, it has to be the most disgusting dirty place on earth trash everywhere bums begging and RUDE

Old 11-30-2010, 05:55 PM  

Henderson, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christafer View Post
DONT DONT DONT go to vegas it SUCKS, I used to live their and my wife's and my family still does so we go back at least twice a year, it has to be the most disgusting dirty place on earth trash everywhere bums begging and RUDE
You?re so full of it. Do you post idiotic stuff like this just to get a reaction? Sounds like you?ve had a troubled life and its gotten worse.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 PM  

Henderson, NV
lake mojave is just south of hoover dam has some great cliff jumping if youre not too scared of heights
Old 12-08-2010, 11:39 AM  

Carson City, Nevada
I've lived in Las Vegas, Reno and Carson City, my g/f lives in Tahoe so I visit every weekend and I've been to all the other little places. I've also traveled the entire country, only missing 6 states to touch down in now. And let me tell you, Nevada is the most diverse and interesting place.

If you want to go to Vegas, sure go to the strip, but consider off roading, camping, unique food, unique drinks and balls to the wall shopping.

If you want to play in the snow, come to Carson/Reno/Tahoe and just go winter crazy.

If you want to hunt, just avoid the cities, bring a 4x4 and a gun for Elk, Deer, soon to be Bears.

If you want outstanding Basque food, visit Reno, Carson, Minden/Gardnerville.

If you want farming, go to Winnemucca and Fallon (if y'know...you reallllly like farming).

If you like wild-ass hair politics, stand next to the legislature building during the session.

Nevada has everything. You must visit. And Northern Nevada is completely different than Southern Nevada.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 AM  

Carson City, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christafer View Post
It's a bad place sure, but nothing like New Jersey, so count your lucky stars.

that said, I would probably never go back on purpose except to visit my friends/family who are stuck there because they view it as some sickening safety blanket. Le sigh.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:43 AM  

75mph speed limits, less traffic, and the most important its not California.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:00 PM  

nevada
If you guys keep listing all this good stuff , the state will get even more flooded with touristas...let em stay in Vegas, thats what its for
Old 01-23-2011, 04:01 PM  

Carson City, NV
Reason #1. It's not California
Reason #2. Bring your gun. It's OK
Reason #3. Wide open spaces for 4 wheeling
Old 01-23-2011, 04:03 PM  

Carson City, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwm52 View Post
You?re so full of it. Do you post idiotic stuff like this just to get a reaction? Sounds like you?ve had a troubled life and its gotten worse.
Vegas is Nevada, but Nevada isn't Vegas. Everyone should go to Las Vegas at least once, if to get it out of their system if nothing else. And hey, some people like it. More power to 'em.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads