Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Hampshire
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 PM  

san diego, CA
Live in San Diego now but grew up in Moultonboro.

For those that remember them; I worked for many years as a truck driver for Barney's ice cream in Laconia and then Weeks in Concord after the company was sold.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:07 PM  

Manchester, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Live in San Diego now but grew up in Moultonboro.

For those that remember them; I worked for many years as a truck driver for Barney's ice cream in Laconia and then Weeks in Concord after the company was sold.
Weeks is now Hood.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:15 AM  

Belmont, New Hampshire
I am in Belmont, NH currently, just moved back to my hometown after a little over a year in Newmarket.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:12 AM  

Windham, New Hampshire
A trip up the coast is always good (just follow rt 1A). There are a bunch of beautiful New England coastal towns (the types you see on postcards). Just to list a few from south to north Newburyport MA (nice port town, nice shops and restaurants), Rye NH (good beaches and some mansions along rt 1A), Portsmouth NH, Kittery ME (outlets), York ME (more beaches and a zoo), Kenebunkport ME (another small port town with shops and restaurants, oh yeah, and the Bush compound), Portland ME (great city).
Old 11-17-2010, 02:38 PM  

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Portsmouth NH Rocks!

I moved up here a year ago and traveled the whole state looking for a place to settle down... I feel lucky that I chose Portsmouth.

Always something going on!
Safe
Most restaurants per capita in US!
Awesome library!
Seacoast weather is the best! (least snow)

Downside is its more expensive and its hard to drive because there are so many people walking dogs and riding bikes. And wow, the dark is darker up here.

Raymond
Old 11-18-2010, 09:04 AM  

Bradford, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymcgill View Post
I moved up here a year ago and traveled the whole state looking for a place to settle down... And wow, the dark is darker up here.
Raymond
@Raymond - Where are you originally from?
I moved up here from Jersey about 15 yrs ago. We did the same thing - traveled the whole state looking for a place to live. What a difference! We went from people dodging cars on foot through traffic (New York Style), people carjacking and throwing cinder blocks off of highway overpasses (for fun)... to coming to a full stop to allow people to cross the street in downtown Concord. Life is GOOD! It's a much better (and safer) place to raise our family.

The dark definitely IS darker! When my family has come to visit, they are astounded by the night sky. We have all seen the milky way for the first time in our lives! If you're lucky enough, you might even see the Northern Lights too!

~ Jon G.

P.S. Please be careful of the ticks. Be sure to do a tick check whenever you've been through tall grass or been in the woods (or grass on the beach). Oh, and pets can bring the ticks indoors too (all year long). Ticks are endemic in Southern NH (NH has more cases per year than even CT!). When ticks are nymphs, they are extremely small - the size of the period at the end of this sentence. And Lyme disease is nothing to mess with. It's SO MUCH more than just joint pain - it can (and does) kill people. There's a silent epidemic that's spreading through the states and disabling people with MS-like symptoms.

I don't mean to scare you, but to simply educate you on something that you might not have thought/known about. BTW - Lyme has been identified in all 50 states! It's just much more prevalent here in the NorthEast.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:36 PM  

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
+1 for portsmouth
Old 11-24-2010, 06:44 PM  

Keene, New Hampshire
I am from Newport Beach, California. I could surf in the morning and ride motorcycles in the desert or Snow ski in the afternoon and I chose to live in the woods of Spofford, New Hampshire. It is like being on vacation every day for the last 23 years.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:22 PM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
I live in Vegas, but I grew up in Keene, swanzey, and New London.

My parents own a bed and breakfast in Newbury, NH, at the Base of Mt. Sunapee.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:31 PM  

Hay Marn, did you finally get the heep running good?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Hampshire
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads