Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2010, 02:05 PM  

toms river, nj
anyone mountain bike?

Just curious was supposed to go out to huber woods and ride there for a bit before heading to lunch but everyone backed out including my buddy who was storing my cannondale rush for the summer.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:46 AM  
Love the Outdoors

Montville, NJ
I love to mtn bike. This is a great time of year to do it - not too hot, beautiful colors, good visibility through the woods.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:37 PM  

Somerville, NJ
If you're not too far, a great place to get a bike or some parts/clothes/etc. is the Flea Market at the Velodrome in Trexlertown, PA. It's not far from Allentown and it happens once in the spring, and again in fall (April and October, IIRC). I got my current bike there last spring, a Bianchi Veloce (that normally cost $1400) for $800.

Flea Markets – Spring & Fall | The Valley Preferred Cycling Center
Old 12-28-2010, 07:23 PM  

Glenwood, nj
i love that flea market, im inyo old school BMX bikes so i can find some good stuff there on occasion....

any of you guys BMX?

how bout DH mtn bike?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:05 PM  

Highlands, NJ
are the bikes at the flea market used or damaged or something?
Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 AM  

I love Mercer County Park in West Windsor, Six Mile in Somerset and Clayton Park in Imlaystown. Heard there was some good North Shore stuff in Allaire but I never found it, just lots of deep soft sand.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:55 AM  

There is some really nice mountain biking at Ceres Park in Pitman, NJ. Miles and miles of trails there.

There is also a good spot in the woods next to Gloucester County College.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:29 AM  

I have a decently old Schwinn Moab and love to get out to Mercer County Park by the Marina. They have millions of trials back there if you can find all of them. Difficulty can increase pretty severly if you find the right spots.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:46 AM  

Highlands, NJ
does anyone ever go to Hartshorne Woods in Highlands? Thats my park and I love it. From what I hear its got some of the best stuff in NJ. It's smaller than Allaire but easier to find good riding.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM  

NJ, Some where North of South Jersey
Had one... well it was a Toys R Us Schwinn def not the Schwinn of back in the day. But I liked it and I used it quite a bit, but not in woods and stuff just liked to ride around town and some further towns in my area. But it was stolen from out of my garage one Saturday morning someone left the garage unlocked. Seen the kid riding it one day months later, I knew it was mine it was missing the water bottle and it was the same color combo, it's not like it was a common bike either very easy to pick out. I knew it was mine when he seen my car pass him he took off without me saying anything must have remembered the car in the driveway as he rode past it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads