Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2010, 02:43 PM  

Mercer County, NJ
I'm a member of the WHALES. Great club! Monthly meetingsto share taste homebrew and fun group projects/get togethers.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:04 AM  

Sussex County, New Jersey
Sussex County Chiming In

Sussex County United Brewers and Alchemsts (SCUBA) homebrew club meets on odd-numbered months at the Sussex County Fairgrounds. We also coordinate the sanctioned homebrew competition held during the NJ State Fair each summer. The club is small but growing. Check out "SCUBA Brewing Club" on Facebook.

I've been homebrewing since '92, made the jump to all grain soon thereafter and became a BJCP judge in '95. Took a break from brewing once the kids started arriving. Got back into it big time about two years ago. Looking maybe to turn this hobby into a small business in a few years (just for the fun of it). See my post here: http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/new...html#post52406

Later

Old 12-15-2010, 02:15 PM  

Bridgewater, NJ
Oh, I see we have a thread already.

Well, check me in. I'm in Bridgewater, NJ.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:39 PM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
Can anyone post some pics of their brewing/kegging setups?
Old 12-18-2010, 07:16 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrichead View Post
Can anyone post some pics of their brewing/kegging setups?
This! I would like to see some as well.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:43 PM  

new jersey
breworganic.com (Seven Bridges Coop) is actually my favorite place to order but their shipping costs make it prohibitive... I heard a rumer they might be opening an east coast shipping location. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:48 PM  

new jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I bought two cascade and two nugget rhizomes from fresh hops. I planted them inside in late March in pots and moved them outside in mid-April. They climbed to the top of the 10 foot trellis by July or so, then I harvested on Labor day. It more than filled a 5 gal bucket. I watered them about every day that it didn't rain and I used miracle grow a few times too. I'm really happy with the way they turned out!
I'm planning to grow hops this spring and not sure if I should do pots or in ground. What do you do with them now that it's winter? Leave them outside in the pots or bring them in?
Old 12-21-2010, 05:57 PM  

Washington Twp, NJ
Hey All,

I've been brewing for 3 years. I do all-grain batches, either 5 or 10 gallons and split with a friend.

I support everything that was said earlier about Brew Your Own Bottle in Westmont. I've bought from there several times. The prices for ingredients is a little higher than what you would pay from the online homebrew stores, but it nominal since you don't have to worry about shipping costs. The owner, Brett, knows his stuff and runs a good, clean shop.

Here is my kegerator set up. I would love to see other kegerator/brew rigs

Old 12-21-2010, 08:09 PM  

Perkasie, PA
Homebrew clubs

Check out a couple of homebrew clubs in central NJ. Both the Pale Ales (Princeton Area) and WHALES (meet in Woodbridge NJ) are good groups with tons of knowledgable folks. I was a former WHALE when I lived in NJ and have been to several PALE ALE meetings as well - all good people and you can learn anything you want to know about your homebrew, what else to try, how to do it, and they also offer group events, group buys, etc.

Also, check out "Homebrew Joe" - just Google Princeton Homebrew. He knows all the local groups and good hangouts, and will probably offer you a homebrew if you go visit him in West Trenton.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:22 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
I have mine in pots that I brought in and put them in a spare room. Also if you have them planted outside you should put about 6 inches of leaves from the fall on top of them to keep the frost from killing the roots.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!