Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2010, 12:07 PM  

NJ
Homebrewer here, but I haven't visited many breweries yet. Triumph and Riverhorse so far. Planning on going to Flying Fish soon though

Old 12-19-2010, 02:25 PM  

Staten Island, New York
River horse all the way...Triple Horse is amazing. Still haven't been to the brewery...has anyone been yett?

Old 12-19-2010, 03:50 PM  
Jersey Strong

Ewing, NJ
I enjoy River Horse, some Flying Fish (currently tearing up a sixer of their Raging Bitch), and Triumph is good (both Princeton and New Hope). I've been to the Cellar Lounge and Microbrew in Hamilton but wasn't all that impressed with their own beers.

I'll agree that Dogfish Head in DE is killer as well.

- Justin
Old 12-21-2010, 10:55 AM  

Princeton, NJ
The River horse brewery in Lambertville is a neat place to visit. You can walk through a alot of the brewery, but mostly you can't see much but storage areas and boxes. However, for a buck, you get a generous taste of several of the beers they have on tap. Also, you can buy their swag there and hang out. Every time I've gone, there are people hanging out there talking about beer. Its fun!

The triumph brewery in Princeton (and the one in New Hope PA) are nice upscale places. They sometimes have a rauchbier that is interesting. They could do more with their menu selection, but its a nice place to meet well dressed friends.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:25 PM  

new jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShireOak View Post
Hey Folks,

Just want to make you all aware and ask for your support of a revision to a current NJ law involving brewing. There are two bills pending (Senate Bill 2040 & Assembly Bill 3063) which seek to ammend the current statute pertaining to certain alcoholic beverage manufacturing licenses. If passed the new law would establish farm brewery and winery-brewery beverage licenses and permit farm wineries to produce hard cider.

In short a farm-brewery would have to grow at least one of the ingredients used in making its beer and would allow for sampling and selling of the beer for consumption off premises. Basically the way wineries operate.

The passage of this bill will promote agri-tourism throughout the state and open up new areas of enterprise for local farmers, not to mention new, regionalized, craft brewing movements.

Please e-mail your local legislative representatives and ask that they support this proposed ammendement.

Thanks
This looks like a great way to support local agriculture and for locavore's to get a good beverage!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:20 PM  
Jersey Strong

Ewing, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty_gnome View Post
The triumph brewery in Princeton (and the one in New Hope PA) are nice upscale places. They sometimes have a rauchbier that is interesting. They could do more with their menu selection, but its a nice place to meet well dressed friends.
New Hope has the Rauch Bier on tap now, and I have heard from 3 friends this week that it's really good. I'm trying to get over there to sample it, but working 2nd shift kills that chance most of the time.

- Justin
Old 12-23-2010, 05:54 AM  

Staten Island, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLight View Post
Yeah, Dogfish Head IPA is great. Luckily, I like FlyingFish Hopfish 60 Minute IPA even better. I just got a six yesterday for Thanksgiving.

I was at the Cricket Hill open house last friday with my wife. Great time. Tried the four beers they were serving - the Jersey Summer was my favorite. We had to leave before the owner gave his speech, so I plan to go back when I'm not pressed to leave.
Thats the name they come up with!?? Original...but I'd be interested to give it a try...I'll be on the look out.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 AM  
Love the Outdoors

Montville, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptKiRkLeS View Post
Thats the name they come up with!??
Oops, I made a mistake there, remove the "60 Minute" part of the name. That's from the Dogfish IPA, not the Flying Fish. [both are great]
Old 12-28-2010, 01:56 PM  

Lambertville, NJ
Fond flying dish, and for a brewpub, harvest moon in New Brunswick

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!