Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2011, 10:10 AM  

There is a very good reason DEFENSIVE driving is taught here in NJ. You HAVE no choice but to watch for all the people who think they are the most important person on the road.

I had a woman hit me on the pass side one time who was screaming at me when the police finally showed up. She felt I purposely didnt let her in. The cop simply pointed to the yield sign, explained that I had the right of way, and wrote her a ticket. Somtimes I love the cops here in NJ.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:34 AM  

Jug handles are better than traffic lights. Just realize that everyone would rather run you off the road than let you in and you'll be fine ni lived in Atlanta for 2 years. Those people are stupid drivers. St Louis wasn't much better. Be cool.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:28 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bontaiJoe View Post
If we could only get a law passed that anyone using a cell phone while driving could be shot on sight by anyone else, that would solve a lot of driving problems. Definitely would thin the herd of the stupid ones which is a problem since most natural predators have been eliminated from the state.
don't forget that NY just passed a law giving you 2 points if caught on your phone while NJ just raised their fines for the same violation. both states have sucky drivers but NY takes the cake over NJ.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:53 PM  

Jackson, New Jersey
I think the NY drivers give us a bad name, Our attitude come from dealing with them for too long, and Jughandles make more sense than stopping in the fast lane to make a turn. Just my humble opinion.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:27 AM  

Jersey drivers are not unskilled, just agressive and can cause accidents. But they are definitely not BAD drivers, just unsafe.

PA drivers are the worst. I'm still waiting for them to learn how to use a 2 lane highway.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:55 PM  

Nerwton, New Jersey
a lot of jersey drivers suck, everyone is in a hurry to get some where and not paying attention to the road. (TEXTERS)
Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drat View Post
I've only lived in NJ for just over a year, and only been in the tri-state area for about 7 total, but can easily say that NJ is one of the worst places to drive.

Best example: JUGHANDLES! I mean come on, WTF is up with these things? Nevermind that google maps gets it wrong half the time, and that the signs for your turn are often after the turn, and mostly obscured by trees or even other signs, but the mere fact of having to turn right to turn left is just plain confusing.

And while I'm on the subject, there's a reason why until recently, nearly every major US insurance carrier refused to write new policies in NJ. People here do NOT know how to drive! Or at the very least they feel that they are the kings of the road and the rules do not apply to them. Best example: residential neighbor hood speed limits. I live on a pretty major street that has a 35mph speed limit (which, for the record, is way too fast for how close the houses are to the street and how many commercial trucks drive down it, but that's for another thread). Every time I drive down my street, I am going either speed limit or within 5 miles per hour over it. And sure enough, EVERY time, there is some idiot tailgating me and looking visibly pissed that I'm not going faster. We've been rear-ended twice waiting to turn into our driveway.

So now that I've vented, tell me about your NJ driving experiences...
Here in NJ we often refer to how bad NY drivers are.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:40 PM  

Hughsonville, NY
We have a saying here in New Yawk when a Garden Stater is on the road:

" GO BACK TO JOISY !!! "...
Old 07-28-2012, 01:34 PM  

That's why i hear they are called m*******s by ct drivers
Old 07-28-2012, 01:38 PM  

Its always a tough drive no matter what state you are in. We all need to chill, put the phones down and drive defensively.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads