Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2010, 07:50 AM  

Brick, NJ
F COVE on Barnegat Bay.

To those that boat the Barnegat Bay the F Cove is a protected F-shaped cove that offers pleny of space to beach your boat and relax or party. The party part is what is going to close the cove. It is surrounded by a wild life preserve. The issue is the Jersey Shore wannabe`s that pollute the waters and surrounding woods are forcing the DEP`s hand to restrict acess to the cave.

This summer I was witness to a boat named " HAPPY its HOURS" from Hoboken throw garbage in the water right next to the boat and bottles onto the woods. When I commented to the boat operator he flipped me the bird. This is the mentality that will close the cove. The DEP didnt do it yet as the funding in not there.

So when you effin` Bennies show up and there is a piling driven into the entrance thank your fellow juice heads for messing up the best place on the bay to hang for a day.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:52 PM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
I'm not generally a fan of unnecessary govt regulation, but I think in this case it would go a long way. Even something as simple as permits, similar to what you need to drive on the beach in Island Beach, would help to keep a majority of these slobs out of great place.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:23 PM  
Way of the XJ

Brick, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddwhy View Post
To those that boat the Barnegat Bay the F Cove is a protected F-shaped cove that offers pleny of space to beach your boat and relax or party. The party part is what is going to close the cove. It is surrounded by a wild life preserve. The issue is the Jersey Shore wannabe`s that pollute the waters and surrounding woods are forcing the DEP`s hand to restrict acess to the cave.

This summer I was witness to a boat named " HAPPY its HOURS" from Hoboken throw garbage in the water right next to the boat and bottles onto the woods. When I commented to the boat operator he flipped me the bird. This is the mentality that will close the cove. The DEP didnt do it yet as the funding in not there.

So when you effin` Bennies show up and there is a piling driven into the entrance thank your fellow juice heads for messing up the best place on the bay to hang for a day.
I'd like to follow that jerk back to the marina a drop a deuce on his deck!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:43 AM  

I've been to F-Cove, and personally don't really understand what the draw is to go there. The water is abnormally warm (Thinkin about that), and weekends it is dangerously packed. I was concerned riding through on a small Jet ski let alone the people going through in 30+ foot boats on the weekends.

There are several other spots in which you can go an hang out for the day. Granted you would have to anchor and not push your boat up on the sand. but I would prefer to anchor anyway. Some of those places are Silver Bay, and Tices Shoal. Both are further south in the bay.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 AM  

Been to F-Cove once.

Never again.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:02 AM  

Trenton, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcElarney View Post
Some of those places are Silver Bay, and Tices Shoal. Both are further south in the bay.
I second Tices Shoal. Something about anchoring in waist deep crystal clear water, swimming or wading to the shore, then walking over to the beach for a dip in the ocean is really cool. I've never been to F-Cove, and I wanna head there at least once before it's shut down ... but Tices for me is the way to go.

I should add that I live just outside Trenton, so my Barnegat bay boating is very limited. We usually rent a lagoon house for the summer and that's when we do our bay boating. Otherwise we're Delaware River rats!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!