Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2010, 05:24 PM  
Way of the XJ

Brick, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly34 View Post
Yah, they kinda killed any shot we had at a good rep.

There seem to be more, and more Jersey shows on television lately. The Guido is hot right now.
The Guiiiiiiid is hot tonight, ohhhh soooo hot tonight, but where will he be tomorrowwwww? (sung to the tune of Loverboy's "The kid is hot tonight" or something like that, circa 1985 ish.)

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes. On the other hand, the local economies here depend on the summer tourist dollar. Unfortunately, there are a lot of empty heads headin' to the Joysey Shaw.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:19 AM  

Brick, NJ
Unfortunately that show is depicting the trash that migrates to this area every summer. Thank God they leave after Labor day and we get the place back for a few weeks before the weather gets cold. It is nice getting there cash infused into the economy though,the price we pay with the hit to the reputation may not be woth it though. It may scare away the families.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:06 PM  

Edison, NJ
The cast is more from the NY Side- but we have plenty of jersians like that too =)

Midway Cheese Steaks
Old 10-05-2010, 04:42 PM  

South Jersey, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyvito View Post
They aren't even from Jersey, they are from New York! Hate then @##$%##s!
AGREED. I won't give those fist pumping DB's 1 more second of my time when this post is done!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:44 PM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Funny thing is, there is a kid that shows up to all of the local HS football games that looks exactly like on of those fags. lol
Old 10-06-2010, 03:57 PM  

Mays Landing, New Jersey
There are definitely many others who act like them in jersey. i mean think about it, they had to go to parties somewhere because they weren't partying alone and i'm willing to bet they all act similar. By the way i am from jersey and never thought anyone acted like that before the show started. So glad they moved it to florida
Old 10-06-2010, 05:59 PM  

Scullville, New Jersey
Thats why people that dont know true Jersians refer to us as "Dirty Jersey"
Old 10-06-2010, 06:02 PM  

Scullville, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feetwet View Post
Not on purpose.

Seriously, a handful of attention-seeking idiots given a spotlight by producers trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator demographic is hardly representative of the vast majority of normal, well-adjusted people found anywhere.
They're shooting for the Jerry Springer audience and seem to have found them. That there is even a market for this type of trainwreck programming speaks more to the sad state of our culture as a whole than it does to the perceived mindset of anyone from New Jersey.

Unless you identify with them.....
Well Doc, tell us how ya really feel....well said
Old 10-07-2010, 06:13 AM  

Trenton, New Jersey
"The Jersey Shore" is spot on. A bunch of NON-Jersians coming down from NY to take over our beach. The only place the show went wrong is the name, they should have called it "Seaside Boardwalk" or something, because they really haven't invade all of Jersey's shores yet - just Sleaside.

Grew up in Seaside/Ortley area, and no longer choose to even visit that stretch of beach.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:33 AM  
Tom

I was raised in Stamford CT and we always went to "The Beach".
In NJ we don't go to the beach.
We go "DOWN THE SHORE".

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.