Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 PM  

North Jersey, NJ
Just moved to NJ from NY - What needs changing??

Hey Guys/Gals,

I just moved about a week ago from NY to NJ and was wondering since im sure many have done the same (moving state to state). Im looking for some info on what needs to be changed ie: license,car insurance,car insurance, Car registration, Health ins....etc..

If you know what needs changing, and how to go about changing them i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 02-16-2011, 04:05 PM  

Jackson, New Jersey
pet license (going by your profile pic)

Old 02-17-2011, 10:41 AM  

Bergen County, NJ
If you plan on staying a while, all of the above. A trip to the post office and DMV will take care of most of it. Hopefully your auto insurance company writes policies for NJ to make the transition a bit easier.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:34 AM  

The DMV's here are actually surprisingly efficient. so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Make sure you have all the points of ID though and don't run into paradoxes! Meaning, my mother a long ways back ran into an issue where she needed an up to date Drivers License to validate her Marriage License, but needed a Marriage License to get her Drivers License. Lesson learned, make sure you have lots of ID available!

also, if you came from the city you'll need a bigger wallet... untill its tax time.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads