Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2010, 02:20 PM  

Roxbury, NJ
Kayaking in NJ

I know it's getting the end of Kayak season, but where are some of your favorite places to paddle? I love Split Rock Reservoir, Lake Hopatcong (minus the boats), and the Barnegat Bay!

Old 11-30-2010, 01:17 PM  

N. NJ, NJ
Only purchaced my 'yak in september, I have easy access to the Pequest and the Delaware, but have not been on either.

I have been on the Musconetcong a couple times off of waterloo rd in Byram, and had a blast. Also have gone to the Wallkill river in Vernon(?) had to get out of the boat a few times, but a nice strem.

Also, I could prob walk to Lk. Hopatcong, but really have no desire to yak on the main lake.. I might take it out in a friend's cove this summer.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:53 PM  

Little Falls, NJ
I love to paddle in Round Valley when camping. Also spend plenty of time in Split Rock Res. fishing - cary-in access only but one of the nicest lakes in the state.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:40 AM  

Princeton, NJ
I like to paddle and fish two of the local town's lakes, both of which are dammed.... so there is always something to look at whilst paddling. But my favorite places to paddle are Mercer County Park Lake (its big, has varied terrain, and lots of wildlife) and a strech of hte deleware that runs from just south of Lanbertville to the Washington Crossing State Park bridge (near Titusville, NJ). You park at Washington Crossing park and paddle up the canal about 3 miles until you see the obvious dirt road that leads to the boat lanch. Its right across from the 'Golden Nugget' flea market on 29 just south of lambertville. Then you walk the kayak 50 yards down to the river and float downriver back to the park. Its all easy entry and exit and the canal current is usually nil.

The river has great smallmouth bass action. Mercer County Lake has great bass, crapie, sunfish and even some muskies if you come equiped for them.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:35 PM  

Barnegat bay is fun. So is ocean kayaking
Old 12-23-2010, 08:38 AM  

medford, nj
I like kayaking the tributaries of the Mullica River. More specifically I like to put in at Atsion Lake and pull out in Batso. Its about 4 hours with plenty of places to stop and snack and you wont see another soul.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:46 PM  
Hip

I kayak all over NJ with my sit in and sit on top. Do lots of tidal water kayaking, fishing, and clamming. My X-factor is hooked up for fishing...
Old 01-19-2011, 09:17 PM  

montclair
Kayaking

One of my favorite spots is Lake Wawayanda. There are also some fun spots on the passaic river.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:21 PM  

The Shark River inlet/Belmar Back Bay is a great place to go for some calm water.

x2 on the ocean kayaking
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 AM  

I would say the Del Water Gap...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.