Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2010, 05:37 PM  
You Dirty Rat!

Wilmington, NC
Keansburg

Anyone enjoy the amusement park and skilo halls?

Old 11-03-2010, 01:21 PM  

Piscataway, NJ
Unfortunately, it's losing the appeal it once had when I was a wee boy. I used to live about half hour drive away so it was the closest "sort of" boardwalk area. It's still a cool place to go to see horseshoe crabs on the beach.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 PM  

Somerville, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
Unfortunately, it's losing the appeal it once had when I was a wee boy. I used to live about half hour drive away so it was the closest "sort of" boardwalk area. It's still a cool place to go to see horseshoe crabs on the beach.
I've been to the beach almost every year, and as far as I can remember I've never seen a horseshoe crab. is there a trick to it, like going at a certain time of day or something?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:42 PM  

Hackettstown, NJ, NJ
I have many fond memories of tooling around on the go-karts there as a kid.

Amusingly, 8 years ago I married into the family that owns the water park

-Joe
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 AM  

Old Bridge, NJ
When we were kids, we used to go to Keansburg and Seaside, and I think even then I knew Keansburg was a dingy crap hole. None of us ever minded and it was always a good time for us.

Within the last year, as a goof I decided I was going to take my kids there, and sure enough they both had a good time (the 4 year old more than the 18 month old). I'm not 100% sure if the 4 year old realized it's a dingy crap hole yet, but I'll check with her in a few years....
Old 11-23-2010, 05:34 PM  

My grandparents lived there when I was a kid, otherwise I'd probably never have visited Keansburg. I remember the horseshoe crabs on the beach--I'd never seen anything like that anywhere else.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:11 PM  

hazlet, nj
I also enjoyed the go karts and arcades there when i was younger. Havnt been there in forever.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads