Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2010, 09:17 AM  

Austin
Lakewood

I'm visiting Lakewood in the winter, any locals know of a good place to get coffee?

Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 AM  

Columbus
Cafe 360

Honestly, you can get a decent cup of coffee at dunkin' donuts, nothing special but it's about as good as you'll find. Now, if you want to try something good, you should go to Cafe 360 for lunch and GREAT gelato. The atmosphere is great, I highly recommend it.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:57 PM  

Edison, New Jersey
I don't think there's a good place to get to get ANYTHING in Lakewood, other than getting mugged.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:34 AM  

Yardville, New Jersey
There are some good places in lakewood it not all bad
Old 10-01-2010, 05:21 AM  
Way of the XJ

Brick, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan19 View Post
I don't think there's a good place to get to get ANYTHING in Lakewood, other than getting mugged.
HAHA!
Lakewood is a very unique culturally diverse town, with a lot of history. There are some tough neighborhoods, like any other town with some low-income areas. I wouldn't call it a tourist destination, but the Blue Claws are there too!
Besides, it must be ok, since it shares a border with my town, Brick.

If I remember right F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby is set there, or he lived there or some connection......

Anyway, support the local shops tell us where the good coffee is!!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:19 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcnj View Post
If I remember right F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby is set there, or he lived there or some connection......

Anyway, support the local shops tell us where the good coffee is!!
I loved that book, I think he described it as "yuppy," sounds like things have changed, aye?

and I will definitely support and relay info from my trip when I return.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:22 PM  

Poughkeepsie, New York
IT is interesting to watch the black hats walk around Lakewood, especially on a Saturdays. I am referring to The Large local Jewish religious group in that town which strictly follows its religious beliefs and are not permit to drive on certain days. The strict dress code and numbers in the streets observing Sabbath is not a normal site. My Brother in Law is also a Police Sargent In that town. So be careful Whats is up G!
Check out the Sears outlet store on Airport Blvd. in Lakewood next time you are in the market for Appliances.

Go BlueClaws!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:02 PM  

toms river, nj
Lakewood is much better then it was year ago. MLK blvd was very dangerous back wheni was young. Mich safer now. It's still not the best town but I feel safer there then a lot of neptune area.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:54 PM  

St Augustine, FL
Just curious why you are visiting Lakewood? I work in Lakewood, and at 5pm I have no desire to be there anymore LOL

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

« Atco | NJ Elections »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.