Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2010, 01:30 PM  

N. NJ, NJ
Legal Dirtbike trails??

I know there are tracks such as Englishtown, and you can legally ride (if plated) in Wharton St. Forest...

Is there anywhere else in NJ or NEPA?

To make it worse, I'm on a 2 smokr.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:52 PM  

Little Falls, NJ
I don't think there are ANY "Legal" trails.

You could investigate fire roads if you own a dual sport that is licensed, registered and has a stock spark-suppression style exhaust...

I've pretty much decided to sell my DR650 as this state just isn't fun for bikes =(

Old 12-07-2010, 08:59 AM  

N. NJ, NJ
I know... NJ does not like ORV. I did find Reading anthracite coal company, they sell permits for $100 for the year. Bit of a ride but looks like a great place.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 PM  

Medford, NJ
chatsworth

You can check out Chatsworth / Woodland Township area....might not be legal tracks, but its God's country out there, and bikes and quads are the norm.....just wear some orange...Savoy Blvd north of 72 might be a nice area
Old 12-18-2010, 12:21 PM  

NJ
I hear a lot of conflicting views of ORVs in places like the barrens or Heritage Minerals..I've heard of people getting their vehicles impounded, others just saying they received a warning, and even some saying they were left alone by police as long as they had proper safety gear (i.e, gloves, helmet, boots, riding pants/jersey of some form). Who knows, with my luck I'll get my bike impounded and tossed in jail lol. There's also the NJORVP in Chatsworth that's been mentioned but it says they're closed. Is that the season or for good? From what I've heard it's like riding in a sandbox.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:11 PM  

Not one single legal dirt bike or offroad trail in NJ. If you ride you are either breaking the law or riding on your own property. The state really needs a legal place to ride.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:26 PM  
Jersey Strong

Ewing, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by stk10767 View Post
Not one single legal dirt bike or offroad trail in NJ. If you ride you are either breaking the law or riding on your own property. The state really needs a legal place to ride.
Not true, there are tons of trails available to any vehicle that is registered and insured. Any trail in any state park is legal.

The park in Chatsworth closed down for good in '08 or '09 I think. There are talks of a new OHV park, but it's unlikely that we will see anything in the next couple of years.

- Justin

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!