Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2010, 07:02 PM  

Medford, New Jersey
Not a fan. As a teacher, I don't appreciate how he's vilified my peers and me. There is a lot of misinformation coming from both sides of the argument.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:22 AM  

Randolph, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by balboa2151 View Post
Just wanted to hear from everyone in NJ if chris christie can save our state from bankruptcy? I think he's doing a good job so far. What does everyone else think?
I think he is a self-centered holier than thou grandstander. I recently read about all of his questionable ethical behavior and my already low opinion of him went even lower.

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

I know a lot of you will pooh pooh this because it comes from a left wing site, but it is the best compilation (with references) that I have ever seen.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:17 PM  

Clinton, New Jersey
He is a GOD among men~!!

Saving us from the friggin communists and their squanderlust ways.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:12 PM  
Love the Outdoors

Montville, NJ
That is an interesting link Recluse, thanks for sharing it.

Political corruption in NJ is one of our (NJ citizens) biggest problems.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:37 PM  

hes tough and does things even if its not popular. i like em.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:23 PM  

Vernon, NJ
Best thing to happen to the NJ in a long time. Hope he stays to finish the job. Before moving in to the White House.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:58 PM  

Sussex County, New Jersey
As a public employee on the county level, I'm not too happy with Christie's methods. Granted, we do have to reign in costs to hopefully stabilize property taxes and reduce the cost of governement overall but the problems Christie's trying to fix took many years to reach the point they're at today. They can't be fixed overnight. His tactics are drastic and are a slap in the face to most public workers.

The pension debacle in this state is largely due to our Republican governorship, starting with Whitman, "borrowing" billions from the public employee pension systems and not paying it back and then allowing municipalities and counties to skip out on their obligations. Now those of us who are almost ready to retire are facing possible substantial changes to our future.

I'm all for changes to the system but they should apply to public employees hired after the changes are made. Let those of us who have served for over 20 years retire with what we were promised.

Oh, and nothing against the teachers as most of them do a great job, but come on folks, contribute something to your medical benefits like the rest of us.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:08 PM  

Bridgewater, NJ
I don't really pay a whole lot of attention to political speeches - What has he been saying bad about teachers?

And I also agree that there is government corruption in this state way beyond what there is in others. I can see how the budget has been a personal feeding trough for decades.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:15 AM  

Clinton, New Jersey
teachers teachers teachers. How the devil did these mostly worthless half educated people become so sacrosanct.

Teachers are the single largest demographic in the state presenting pedophile problems. Look at any of NJs high schools. Spend a little time talking with the graduates who no longer have to answer to those dammed teachers.

Grads of the schools I know of have, describe NJ's schools as Cougar country and they were not talking sports teams, Likewise the girls talk about the male teachers on the make and available all the time.

Then there's the red herring that money cut from schools somehow does any harm to teachers. Cut backs are a problem for the dammed Administrators, who like all communists, believe that we taxpayers are nothing but farm animals to milk every year demanding more money, that seems never to end up actually going to the kid's educations, but rather to the administrators and their ridiculous salaries, plush appointments, and endless parade of benefits that they keep voting for themselves.

And lets not forget that it is not the friggin teachers who need the protection, it is the CHILDREN who are completely forgotten in all the ridiculous union/communist hype and propaganda.

Oh and lets not forget their use of DYFUS as their private secret police. Any parent who has any objection to what a school is doing runs the constant risk of having the school trump something up and cal DYFUS to send armed men to their homes to extract the children, force the parents to go to hearings & counseling, and hire attorneys all for made up bull**** that the dammed teachers and the school administrators invented just to punish them.

NJ's schools Make Bell California look like a boy scout camp.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:16 PM  

i also think he is an idiot. he is like every other politician he is selfish and only think about himself

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads