Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2010, 03:50 PM  

Anytown, NJ
He's doing what needs to be done although it's politically unpopular.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:12 PM  

Ewing, New Jersey
He said when he was elected he had a job to do and it would turn him into a 1 term governor. I appreciate what he is trying to do for the state but I have a feeling the chuckle heads around here are going to turn around vote blue again and point the ship back towards the rocks like they have done in so many other states.

-Tim

Old 12-29-2010, 09:58 AM  

Clinton, New Jersey
I weant him to run as Gov' again & again

Not Keane Not Whitman Not any prior governor has ever had the balls the fortitude and the presence of mind to just say NO to the communist filth and vermin that have tried to destroy the state and nation.
Christie does.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:04 AM  
Way of the XJ

Brick, NJ
Well, the political ******bags are now attacking him for being on vacation during the blizzard. What a bunch of crap. It's Christmast week. I can't say for sure, but most likely, like most other people, the vacation was planned ahead of time, probably by months. Was he supposed to be driving a plow truck?

And, the Lt. Gov (another absolutley unecessary job that should never have been created) was out of town also.

So what? Its winter, the county and local public works depts. already have their snow event response plans in place.

Additionally, in New York City there is a situation developing where the unions allegedly slowed the pace of plowing intentionally to punish the taxpayer in response to recent cutbacks or something they didn't like. EMT ambulances could not reach people. A child with seizures now has permanent brain damage. Now that is a story worth looking into.

Are you seeing the NJEA commercials about how NJ lost the Federal Education aid funds? Supposedly Schundler screwed it up, now he says Christie did, and the NJEA says Christie didn't care if we lost the funding if because it would have looked like he compromised with them. I'd like to hear the TRUTH WITHOUT SPIN on this. However, the same problem is still PRESENT AND RAMPANT: how much of that money, if we did get it, would go to the classroom as opposed to admin / teacher salaries / benefits / pensions?
We all know the answer is, as with all the education budget, too much to the latter, not enough to the former. So, the NJEA is saying Christie beat them out of their own slush fund money, I guess.

By the way, I am a registered Republican (in the spirit of my Sig, below) who is about to change to independent. I'm not drinking the kool-aid on either side. Both main parties are full of double talking crooks and idealogs only concerned with their agendas, the constitution and good of the people be damned.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 AM  

Absecon, NJ
I agree JTCNJ. I think the attacks for him being away are lame. What exactly would he have done had he been here... shovel snow?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 PM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
This is what Christie should do next

-Mandatory drug testing for financial aide(Welfare, Unemployment) every * months along with a maximum collection time
-Salary Freezes and cuts...if anyone objects, fire them. There will be more to take their place
-Somehow find the "No Child Left Behind" Unconstitutional and any kid that is a "slacker" will be booted out of school. Stop mooching on the system!!!!!
-Free/reduced lunch will be severely screened....you see kids with new shoes and cell phones....they don't need this.
-Issue permits for Wharton State Forrest so off roaders can turn it into a off road park and tear the f*** out of it (Ok.......maybe not this one.......I wish )
Old 01-18-2011, 06:43 PM  
Hip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doorxj View Post
x2 He acts like his **** dont stink. I cant wait till hes out of office. what he is doing to this state is a discrace.
X3...Im a disgusted teacher....
Old 01-18-2011, 07:10 PM  

I'd rather have him in office than a Democrat.

With Democrats, they like to spend spend spend. They provide services and stuff for the people and yeah, they like that. But if someone is in office and they are taking things away, he is the devil. Well.......what do you think pays for all those services? Taxes!!!! It's just a shell game.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:12 PM  

You have Obama spending like a mad man with these billion dollar stimulus packages.....well, what exactly did it stimulate? Did it benefit you anyhow? NO!!!! Your just getting screwed up the ass with this ever growing debt. Hell, our national debt is growing $3 billion EVERY DAY!!! It's insane. Things need to be cut back, smaller government=better government.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:18 AM  
citizen of earth

Saylorsburg, pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by wactuary View Post
A lot of this thread is about Christie fighting teachers. Teachers don't need to be fired. School districts need to be merged. Why are there over 600 school districts? And each with separate Superintendents, and many having 1 or more asst. superintendents. Each school district independently making policy on curriculum. Independently contracting for food and supplies. The redundancy is massive and by cleaning up the administration, no teachers or classrooms need to be touched.

Anyway, at least Christie is beginning to force answers to problems that aren't going away by ignoring them. I don't like all his decisions, but the status quo is not feasible.
This is an issue I have seen raised MANY times in NJ, and the clowns in charge of all those 600 districts are firmly entrenched into keeping their little kingdoms. It's an INCREDIBLY inefficient way to run schools. But I guarantee you that your local school board will tell you how essential they are to keeping your school running. I like Christie, I left the state when Florio was gov. because I couldn't afford to live in the state any longer. My tax dollars now go to PA. So do my consumer dollars as I refuse to pay the 7% NJ sales tax. For those that complain that Christie is a bad guy, he got handed a state that is deeply in debt, and spending is bigger than income. The hard truth is budgets have to be cut, spending put under control, the budget has to be sustainable, just like your and my household budgets. I'd like to return to NJ, but I'd have to win the lottery to be able to buy a house there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.