Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2010, 08:27 AM  
Mums

Philadelphia, Pa
To visit Dante st the quick stop.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:22 PM  

Great Meadows, New jersey
Visit NJ

It's oddvious u know nothing about the garden state. From the most Southern tip u have Atlantic City, Cape Mays B & B's; NJ shore, Pine barrens, and only about a few hours drive to the big apple NY! Loads more up north including wineries. If that isn't enough reason I don't know what is.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:25 AM  

Great Meadows, New jersey
why visit NJ

Beaches, Mountains, Atlantic City, "Jimmy Buffs", Hot Dog Johnnys, Fishing, Delaware water Gap. List is endless! If u don't know what a "Jimmy Buffs" sandwich is, go to boardwalk! There for sale all over! (sausage peppers and onions).
Old 11-12-2010, 07:29 PM  

Haskell, nj
Well, now that all the major stuff has been covered, if you do make it to jersey, Go to Garfield NJ and Go to La Bella Pizza. It is Hands Down the BEST pizza north jersey Has. Anyone who's been there and appreciates good pizza will tell you so.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:33 PM  

Haskell, nj
But the beaches in NJ definitely do suck. There's much better beaches in NY (in the summer) and South of NJ, Virginia etc.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:42 PM  

Go fist pumping with the local guidos?

LOL!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:54 PM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmtn View Post
Beaches, Mountains, Atlantic City, "Jimmy Buffs", Hot Dog Johnnys, Fishing, Delaware water Gap. List is endless! If u don't know what a "Jimmy Buffs" sandwich is, go to boardwalk! There for sale all over! (sausage peppers and onions).
A sausage and pepper sandwich from the boardwalk is nothing like a Jimmy Buffs Italian hot dog. A Jimmy Buffs uses fried hot dogs peppers onions and thick potato slices and is served in a round pizza dough roll. The closet you can get the a Jimmy Buffs is JoJos Italian Hot Dogs in Toms River on 37 East. Not as good as a Buff but still fantastic and he cooks them the right way.

There is a time and place for both types of sandwich, but saying they are the same is culinary blasphemy.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:30 PM  

Bradford, NH
Good Food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrichead View Post
A sausage and pepper sandwich from the boardwalk is nothing like a Jimmy Buffs Italian hot dog.
Man, you guys are making me HUNGRY! ;-)
Every time I'm in Jersey, I stock up on Bagels and fresh bread as well as the obligatory stop to the bakery! :-D
Oh, and my mom usually picks up some Taylor Ham for us too!

I personally love the country life... but I DO miss the food! Yummm!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:25 PM  

Somerville, NJ
See the best part of NJ - Cape May!

Go to Cape May and stay at a Bed&Breakfast, watch the sun set at sunset beach, and then take the ferry into Delaware to visit Dogfish Head Brewery!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 AM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by nh4x4jeep View Post
Man, you guys are making me HUNGRY! ;-)
Every time I'm in Jersey, I stock up on Bagels and fresh bread as well as the obligatory stop to the bakery! :-D
Oh, and my mom usually picks up some Taylor Ham for us too!

I personally love the country life... but I DO miss the food! Yummm!!!!
My cousin works for a pizzeria in FL that gets his dough shipped from Jersey. Says the bread/bagel/dough secret is our water.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.