Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2010, 05:06 PM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
I went camping in Bass River back in June and there was only us and another group on the left side of the lake. It was great....Kept trying places to wheel though ^^

Old 10-05-2010, 11:07 PM  

South Jersey, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansCJ View Post
Wading Pines is a fun place if you have kids.

I like wharton or bass river. You are next to people but it is kind of secluded and there might not even be people next to you if you ask to have a site far from people.
I remember wading pines. We went every year. I remember jumping off the bridge into the river and splashing the people in canoes.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:53 PM  

Phillipsburg, NJ
I'd check out Dingmans Campground, in Dingmans Ferry, PA. Right across the river and is super nice and clean. The staff there is really friendly and accommodating. Sites are very quiet and spaced apart.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 PM  

Mays Landing, New Jersey
Wharton in the pinelands is pretty good i agree. cheap and nice.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:11 PM  

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintnoWillys View Post
I remember wading pines. We went every year. I remember jumping off the bridge into the river and splashing the people in canoes.
I turned 16 today but I rembember when I was 10 we(I) went camping for the 1st time there and had a cabin on the river with a rope swing.

Im not sure, but I think they took all of those cabins down now. Sucks but there is still plenty of other places in NJ for a rope swing.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:48 AM  

Fort Dix, NJ
There's a state park in Atco that I can't remember the name of but, it's primitive, tick infested and has a creek that runs through that you will see kyacks and canoes going through once in a while. Not a bad place though.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:41 AM  

Wantage, NJ
Up in wantage, off louisberg, the dirt road is all state land and many people camp there
Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 AM  

Shamong, New Jersey
You can camp in the pines!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 AM  

Absecon, NJ
T-Jay,
I doubt you'd have to worry about that now. Rangers are now Park police and they rarely patrol the trails anymore. Mostly just respond to calls.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 AM  

Philadelphia, NJ
Bass River State Park is my favorite in NJ so far. The cabins look really fun, but I used a pop-up.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads