Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2010, 02:15 PM  

Roxbury, NJ
Visit old Locks and Planes along the remains of the Morris Canal. Amazing engineering feat for it's time!

Old 11-30-2010, 01:22 PM  

N. NJ, NJ
As stated before... Hiking is always fun.

But.. We need more to do as far as night life. (aside from bars, not that there is anything wrong with drinking.) Although, skiing season is coming up!!

Old 12-05-2010, 01:40 AM  

Wenonah, New Jersey
if you're in the Collingswood/Westmont area there are a lot of good places to eat and drink as well as some interesting stores.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:01 PM  

Little Falls, NJ
Hit up YOUTUBE and search for Weird NJ - there are some crazy things here.

I sort of consider NJ to be the "great compromise" state...
we have EVERYTHING - it just costs more, is smaller, dirtier, or harder to get to during rush hour...
Old 12-10-2010, 03:07 PM  

I agree with a previous post. GeoCaching is great. It gives you a reason to get out. There are caches all over the state, both in rurual areas and in much more urban areas. Here is something else to try. I love everything glass. There is a hot shop for glass blowing right on the Asbury Boardwalk. The name is Hot Sands. Wheaton Arts also does glass blowing and is full of exhibits about American Glass. Wheaton is in Southern Jersey near AC.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:18 PM  

off roading anyone?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 PM  

new egypt, new jersey
off-road and fish
Old 12-20-2010, 06:09 AM  

there is a website, I think it is funthingstodoinnewjersey.com that covers all kind of activities.. even ror rainy days...
Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 AM  

Princeton, NJ
I like to take my 5 year old to the Planetarium in Trenton. On saturdays the parking is free, the museum is free (and worth every penny) but the planetarium is new and all HD-digital and offers shows targeted to specific age groups. Its 5 bucks a show so its not exepnsive.

Its right next to the state house and you can take free guided tours on saturdays as well. Its a great way to deepen your understanding of how screwed up NJ really is with regard to politics.

The only thing that is tough is that there are no restaurants in the immediate area that are open on the weekends.... so bring a sandwich if you're going to make a day of it.

N_G
Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 PM  

Upr Grnwd Lk, New Jersey
wierd NJ huh?

Clinton Road in West MIlford was recently featured on a tv spot about some of the scariest places in the US.
I DOn't get it but who am I to argue?
BB

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads