Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2011, 06:36 PM  

New Jersey
Why does New Jersey get such a bad reputation?

Why does Jersey and people form Jersey get such a bad rep?

Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 PM  

montclair
TV

I blame it on MTV (jersey shore)!

Old 01-20-2011, 05:03 AM  

FLEMINGTON, NEW JERSEY
From someone who just moved to NJ I would say crazy high taxes and BS and so little back from the state for what we pay in !!!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 AM  

Hamilton, NJ
All of the above, and most people when they fly in, come into Newark which isn't the prettiest of towns.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:08 PM  

First impressions are impossible to change. Lots of people flying to NY land in the Newark Airport. The area between the Newark Airport and NY is all most people ever see in NJ. That is not very pretty real estate. A few comedians make a few jokes and the whole state is branded forever. Kinda like Philly sports fans. Threw some snowballs half a century ago and the national media, which is too lazy to actually think, just perpetuates the stereotype forever.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:19 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Ive never been there, but going from what Ive seen on tv, the paper, the net etc, it just seems very dirty and over crowded.

so heres a little joke,,,,

Why are people from New York always depressed ?

The light at the end of thier tunnel, is New Jersey
Old 01-21-2011, 10:45 AM  

Whippany, NJ
Look how the Jets coach is acting, this is why....
Old 01-21-2011, 02:40 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unouno1 View Post
I blame it on MTV (jersey shore)!
you sir speak the truth
Old 01-21-2011, 06:25 PM  

As someone who moved to NJ from the south, it seems to me it is the high taxes and BS as mentioned above, not too mention everyone seems to always be in a hurry, even if its to get to the corner store.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 AM  
citizen of earth

Saylorsburg, pa
I was born and raised in the northwest corner of NJ. Used to be mostly dairy farms when my mom waqs a kid. During my childhood, it was in transition from farming to suburbs, Now the area I grew up in is mostly McMansions with 3 car garages, strip malls and condos. What give it the bad rep? It's the most densely populated state in the country, incredible high taxes, bad traffic problems, decades of corrupt and incompetant government, and living in the shadow between Philly and New York, makes folks grumpy. There is very little we natives of NJ can be proud of. Who wants to brag about being #1 in toxic waste sites? never ending tire fires? the mafia? I mean having Bruce Springstein as a native son is a plus but years of Suprano reruns don't help the image of the state. I moved out because I couldn't afford housing there. I still work in NJ, but live in PA.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.