Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2010, 08:03 PM  

Clovis, Nm
Clovis/Cannon AFB, New Mexico

Got the info! Honest opinions just ask.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 PM  

Clovis, Nm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockGrimes View Post
Got the info! Honest opinions just ask.
It's not that bad just nothing local.
It's an easy drive to great hunting and mountain biking. Hit up the local zoo it's cool, you'll be surprised for such a small town.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:08 AM  

Tijeras, nm
I would like to hunt quail and prairie dogs. Any ideas on where?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 AM  

New Orleans, LA
I know you can find great quail hunting in the lower half of the state. I've had success between las cruces and deming, grass lands east of mayhill area,and on the plateau east of roswell.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 PM  

Tijeras, nm
Quote:
Originally Posted by newski View Post
I know you can find great quail hunting in the lower half of the state. I've had success between las cruces and deming, grass lands east of mayhill area,and on the plateau east of roswell.
I hunt there all the time, I was wanting the Clovis area, they have Bobwhites and prairie dogs. Not to mention my son goes to college in Portales and I could take him.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:59 PM  
Worlds Greatest Pilot

Las Cruces, NM
If you know anybody that works at WSMR, you can hunt on the range. I limit out there every time I go.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:29 PM  
Moved NY => Abq 3/9/11

Clovis is famous for Archeology. Is there much in the way of that history to see?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:08 AM  

Clovis, Nm
There's the black water draw site between Clovis and portals but beyond that not sure. The music festival each year is awesome.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:23 AM  

Clovis, Nm
Btw Clovis is only about 10hrs from Moab and CO.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:38 PM  

Welcome to Clovis, NM (88101) where peaceful farming community meets sleepy border town. Don't be fooled by the propaganda; it’s all smoke and mirrors!

This town is bad! Public utilities are overly expensive, and unreliable. Power fluctuations and winter outages are a familiar occurrence. Internet service often slows to a crawl. Medical care is appalling! Stated again for emphasis; medical care is appalling! One more time; medical care is appalling! Fearful, wise, and experienced residents routinely drive for hours to seek treatment elsewhere. Quality shopping and entertainment are a fantasy. Good luck finding a descent radio station that plays something other than Country music. Dining is a boring monotony of Mexican food. Housing is grossly overpriced, and poorly built; corners seem to be cut at every opportunity. Building codes are weak, and unconvincingly enforced. Businesses are unfairly opportunistic, and prey upon the population. Slums and slumlords abound. Public and private lands are laden with trash and debris. Animal control is a laughable. City roads seem to be willfully neglected, and filled with potholes. Many intersections are insufficiently marked, or completely uncontrolled. Local media seems biased and agenda driven. There’s no need to mention the “honesty and integrity” of the local politicians, city officials, law enforcement, or lawyers; I’m sure you can probably imagine.

The community is bad! Most of the townspeople are rude, thoughtless, self-consumed, and flippantly ignore the concepts of courteous coexistence and safe driving. It’s hard to say what’s worse, the self-importance of the Christians, or the overwhelming poverty of the “un-documented” workforce. The pretentious white collar workers are the committed puppets of the wealthy property and business owners. Blue collar workers are noticeably undereducated, and poorly trained. Skilled labor is virtually non-existent. Pride in workmanship is a completely foreign concept. Substance abuse is excessive. The public schools seem to breed a disproportionate number of thugs and dropouts. Teen pregnancy is commonplace. The crime and drug problem almost seem to be purposely undisclosed, and concealed from the public eye. Nevertheless, stories of violent home invasion, rape, armed robbery, burglary, auto theft, and vandalism abound amongst the townsfolk. Meth labs and gangbangers saturate the community, and sex offenders sadly seem to be everywhere. Many businesses post disclaimers stating no responsibility for valuables left in parked vehicles, while at the same time allowing “sales-people” to attach advertisements to vehicles in their parking lot (even though attaching such advertisements to vehicles is against city code). Ladies, NEVER let go of your purse when you go shopping!

The environment is bad! Dirt, dust, and tumbleweeds driven by 50+ MPH winds are the norm. Any meaningful rainfall is normally accompanied by destructive winds or damaging hail. The town’s water supply is drying up. Extreme water hardness ruins appliances and plumbing fixtures. The fluoride concentration in the city’s drinking water exceeds the healthy level recommended by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; however the fluoride concentration in the city’s drinking water is conveniently below the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s enforceable limit. Can you say dental & skeletal fluorosis? Prairie dogs infest both business and residential areas. Flies swarm from the nearby dairies and cattle yards, and are a disgusting nuisance. One last thing, let’s not forget the nauseating repulsive stench of sunbaked cow manure that consumes every breath in the summer which eventually culminates in a fine layer of dried-up cow manure dust that coats nostrils, lungs, and every surface in the home. Welcome to seasonal allergies! On the lighter side, many people who grew up in Clovis, NM love the place, and mindlessly think its paradise. Go figure…

In conclusion, perhaps the preceding comments should be deemed nothing more than a point of view. However, consider that HomeFacts.com reports the 2011 statistics for forcible rape and burglary in Clovis, NM at 200% above the national average! CriminalCheck.com can also provide a list of registered sex offenders. If you have any doubts I strongly urge you to do research, or simply ignore what you’ve just read, move to Clovis, NM, and join the herd. If you are not part of the pack, you are the prey. You have been warned!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!