Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2010, 09:10 AM  
Moved NY => Abq 3/9/11

Doctors in Albuquerque?

When I move to Abq in the next few months, I'll be looking for a doctor as well as everything else. I presently have a doctor (D.O.) in a group with most other doctor services as well (maybe 30 doctors in 3 locations), so it's easy to go from my DO to a Surgeon, to Urology, or whatever. Can anyone recommend a medical group to check out that is more than 1-3 doctors? I'd prefer one in the SE or lower NE, south of Montgomery, east of Wyoming or San Pedro.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 AM  

Tijeras, New Mexico
Don,

Looks like my 1st reply didn't work. There are three large medical groups in Albq, Presbyterian, Lovelace and UNM. Pres is the largest with facilities, two hospitals, medical groups (Drs) and urgent care facilities. Most are in the NE part of the city. Lovelace also has serveral locations and UNM (university of NM) is centeraly located near I25 and Centeral Ave. My wife and I use both Pres and UNM. We have been pretty much satisfied. The Pres med group we use is located at 8800 Montgomery NE west of Louisana NE. Pres has a website and I believe UNM & Lovelace does also. UNM can be an adventure because you get to deal with Med students but they tend to have the latest in stuff. As an aside, I have a friend who is a Doc at UNM but he uses Pres.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:02 AM  

Tijeras, nm
ABq Health partners is a good group. They are part of Presbyterian. My Doctor is DR Sears, he just retired so I need to pick one of the others. I have seen several of them when Dr Sears was out and was happy.

They are located on Juan Tabo on the southern end.

The lab and pharmacy are in their office no need for multiple trips.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
My wife and I have Pres. We are both happy with them. If you don't like your doctor you can switch any time you want with no grief what so ever.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:28 PM  
Moved NY => Abq 3/9/11

Thanks guys. When I get there I'll also just be starting Medicare (65 in April too, besides the move). I just today found out that IBM retiree medical plans for those Medicare eligible in NM includes Lovelace and Presbyterian options, I should be fine with coverage wherever I end up.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:27 AM  
SW Explorer and Wanderer

Albuquerque, NM
Pres and Lovelace are pretty much both equal, both pretty top notch options. Multiple locations and several doctors at each.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 PM  

Don,

I go to the Pres Medical Group at 8300 Constitution NE.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 PM  

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Don't know about finding a Doctor......The people at the V.A. take good care of me,
though......Mose
Old 02-22-2011, 01:36 PM  

steve ledesma, md was my pcp when i lived there in the mid-1990's...he was a good doc

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads