Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2010, 03:56 PM  
Worlds Greatest Pilot

Las Cruces, NM
Las Cruces fiesta (party)

If you find yourself in southern NM at the end of August... There are ample things to do and they ALL involve food!!! Look them up and enjoy!!!!

Tom

Old 09-29-2010, 10:37 AM  

Cedar Crest, New Mexico
food

I do hope you are talking Hatch Chili !! I lived in Las Vegas for over a year and they make a horrible attempt to pretend they know Hispanic food. I made a point of going to every single place that claimed to be real Mexican food. It was not till a place called Carlitos Burritos opened was this true. The owner is from Raton and his wife is from Deming. The rent a truck and drive to hatch every year to bring back chili !!!. Once they opened and the word got out, its hard to get a seat.

Will

Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM  

Norman, OK
Speaking of food...my favorite restaurant in the world is in Las Cruces. You have to visit Ranchway (on Valley street) and order the combination plate. Red chile, green chile, enchillada, taco, beans, and rice. I've eaten at hundreds of mexican restaurants and no one tops Ranchway.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 PM  

Hobbs, New Mexico
If you want a great dessert after eating some good mexican here in cruces go to Caliche's frozen custard and try the Mango Dango with the roasted salted pecans--to die for!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:21 PM  
Worlds Greatest Pilot

Las Cruces, NM
We have a lot of food joints, Toby Keith has been known to fly in and take the airport courtesy car down to a place called Si Seniors on Lohman..... Kinda cool that a big name star would drive a crapped out blazer just to go get a combo plate!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 AM  

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck633 View Post
We have a lot of food joints, Toby Keith has been known to fly in and take the airport courtesy car down to a place called Si Seniors on Lohman..... Kinda cool that a big name star would drive a crapped out blazer just to go get a combo plate!
Really? I wasn't too impressed by Si Senor's to be honest...
Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 AM  

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Oh, I think he was also referring to the Deming duck races, Southern New Mexico State Fair, et cetera...
Old 10-08-2010, 01:25 PM  

el paso, Texas
MMMM Fooooooddd. were can we go to see whats exactly happening
Old 10-21-2010, 11:14 AM  

El Paso, Texas
What about the Whole Enchilada?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:42 AM  
Worlds Greatest Pilot

Las Cruces, NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshartt View Post
What about the Whole Enchilada?
The W E fest IMO has become nothing more than a commercial venue to sell cheap crap. It used to be a great time with awesome food, now it is just 200 canopies crammed into a couple of blocks, with overpriced, made in China crap to sell to kids. The Fair is usually only a weekend away and it offers a whole lot more.

Tom

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!