Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 PM  

Amarillo
Coyote Creek State Park

Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I just thought I would add a note about the Balloon Fiesta. Many of the people that have lived here a long time resent the whole thing. because although it is well run now a long time ago it was such a mess. It tied up traffic every where. And many of the attendies were very rude people. Some of the pilots also thought that they could land their balloons any where that they wanted to. Which didn't set well with many people.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 AM  

Nambe, New Mexico
Some random shots I have taken all over NM, but mainly in the north:
I have been told I have an obsession with desolate landscapes
Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 AM  
Moved NY => Abq 3/9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamataco View Post
I just thought I would add a note about the Balloon Fiesta. Many of the people that have lived here a long time resent the whole thing. because although it is well run now a long time ago it was such a mess. It tied up traffic every where. And many of the attendies were very rude people. Some of the pilots also thought that they could land their balloons any where that they wanted to. Which didn't set well with many people.
Stop whining. It brings a ton of money and good press to NM and Abq. You sound like a store manager complaining about black Fri drawing too many people. It's one week, get through it.

The movie rhetoric in Abq and NM is the same whining. People complain about the tax breaks the movie industry gets for shooting in NM. Take away the breaks, movies and TV go elsewhere, and the area looses jobs and good press.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:56 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
Stop whining. It brings a ton of money and good press to NM and Abq. You sound like a store manager complaining about black Fri drawing too many people. It's one week, get through it.

The movie rhetoric in Abq and NM is the same whining. People complain about the tax breaks the movie industry gets for shooting in NM. Take away the breaks, movies and TV go elsewhere, and the area looses jobs and good press.
That's called hitting the nail on the head and I totally agree.

We have the same thing happening up here with the various festivals and the movie industry. The people that whine the most about tax breaks and preferential treatment for certain sectors are also the first to whine when their whining has finally driven the jobs those sectors supported elsewhere.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:18 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico

I really don't care at all if you like what I said or not. Your new here and it is novel to you. I have lived here on and off since 1983. Like I said many of the people that have lived here a long time aren't to thrilled with the whole thing. And most of the money goes to Albuquerque,but they land their balloons over here in Rio Rancho. Yea they spend a little money here. So basically if you don't like what I said I could give a **** less.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 PM  
Moved NY => Abq 3/9/11

Quote:
I really don't care at all if you like what I said or not. Your new here and it is novel to you. I have lived here on and off since 1983. So basically if you don't like what I said I could give a **** less.
I did get bad vibes riding around Rio Rancho during my visits to the Abq area. I guess I was right as apparently a few sad and angry people live there. Just a suggestion, but maybe you can buy an Oct time share someplace with no balloons that week? Good luck to you sir.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:41 AM  

Nambe, New Mexico
Quote:
There are only two reasons that I can think of to visit N.M. The food and for 4 wheeling. Out side of that there isn't anything here.
It actually depends on what you like. There are some hot springs here that rival the best ib the country, (Assuming you like free ones)

Peyote grows here, and there are endless camping opportunities. It is not as wild west as Nevada, but still a desolate western state with lots of mountains and beautiful vistas especially in the north.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:31 AM  

Albuquerque, NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamataco
I just recently tries Sierra Blanca beer. It is made in Moriarty,N.M. and I have to say that it is really very good. Just thought I owuld mention it so that maybe some of you guys would give it a try. And we would be supporting a New Mexico buisness while having a real good beer.
NM Brewers take their craft seriously. We have some good local breweries. Marble, La Cumbre, Il Vicino, Turtle Mountain, Chama River, and Santa Fe Brewing Co to name a few. Others are planning on opening. Please Support you local brewery. Marble & Santa Fe Brewing Co can be bought locally in bottles and cans.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:09 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
I did get bad vibes riding around Rio Rancho during my visits to the Abq area. I guess I was right as apparently a few sad and angry people live there. Just a suggestion, but maybe you can buy an Oct time share someplace with no balloons that week? Good luck to you sir.
" A few sad and angry people live there." Look you move here just recently and you are catagorizing people that have lived here for years. The ballooon Fiesta is good for Albuquerque. But only has a small economic impact on Rio Rancho.
For thay small econimic impact we have these dumb ass people thinking they can land those balloons any place that they like. Even in our back yards. Or right in the middle of our city streets. And their chase crews seem to think that they don't have to watch were they are driving, they look up in the air at the balloon instead. So before you go running your mouth about stuff you know dam little about try finding something out about it. Why don't you go take your New York attitude and go back there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.