Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2010, 07:09 PM  

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Ski Season Snow

Anyone want to predict the snow season or snow fall we can expect this year? Our whole family are professional ski instructors and live for snow sports. My gut feeling is this year will be less than last year, I hope not.

Anyone needing private ski or snow board lessons, let me know and I can hook you up.

ateam

Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM  

Santa Fe, NM
Ski season is not looking good at all so far. I doubt I'll ever see it as good as it was last year.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:36 AM  

Rio Rancho, NM
Yeah, I have heard the weather patterns causes by La Nina or El Nino, whichever we are in right now, will cause less moisture for us this winter...so not good for the ski season and not good for next spring and summer.

On a side note, I have a 6 year old son that want to learn to snowboard, most ski areas want the kids to be 8 to learn snowboarding...what do you charge for snowboarding lessons. I might actually be interested in learning right with my son, I have skied for years and never tried snowboarding.

Cheers, Rob
Old 11-22-2010, 06:36 PM  

Anchorage, AK
5 years ago was awesome, can only wish it could be the same this year
Old 12-08-2010, 09:50 AM  

Santa Fe, NM
Que Viva La Nina! I love to ski, but don't mind the mountain biking year round either! Trails in Santa Fe are clear and dry.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:45 AM  

Edgewood, New Mexico
I just hung my holiday lights last weekend. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I don't remember ever doing that in the first week of December. I live in the east mountains at 6800 feet elevation, usually there is snow on the ground by now. So my prediction for snowfall this year is it will be minimal. I hope I am wrong. Can we all PRAY FOR SNOW!!!!. Oh, if you would like to join me and my kids we will be having our annual "Snow Dance" to the "Snow Gods" this weekend. That always works!!!!!!!! J
Old 12-14-2010, 08:05 AM  

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Livinadream, you live on a post card eh? I live in Sandia Park, we are neighbors.

Snow fall so far is not looking good. I hope I'm wrong, we need moisture. Good luck with the snow dance.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 AM  

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Seeing as how today is the first significant snow northern NM has seen this season, it is looking bleak. It's predicted to be a warm, dry season.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:42 PM  

Tijeras, nm
We are getting some today. Yeah! I work in Santa Fe and there is about 2 inches at my office.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 PM  

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Turned out to be a good ski season this year. At Christmas time, Sandia Peak was ranked #5 in the world with the best snow in the world. We closed after spring break with snow on the slopes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!