Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 PM  

South West New Mexico Breweries

ANy good breweries in South West NM?

Old 11-20-2010, 11:01 AM  

The only good one I have found is a local college hand out in Las Cruces, it is called High Desert Brewing. Google it and you will find there location. They are kind of in a residential area and hidden but very relaxed place with friendly people. Beer is worth the $3.50 they charge. They usually have about 6 beers on tap (IPA, Stout, Bitters, Wheats etc...) Give it a try.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:22 AM  

Rio Rancho, NM
As mentioned, High Desert in Las Cruces is pretty decent. There is a new place in Las Cruces also, called De La Vega's Pecan Grill and Brewery that is supposed to be okay.

In Silver City...Silver City Brewing, but I don't know anything about them.

Sorry, know this wasn't much help, but not a real "beer area" down there.

Rob
Old 12-08-2010, 09:47 AM  

Santa Fe, NM
Keep heading North!

My daughter loves the brewery in Las Cruces, but great beer abounds in Carizozo, Socorro, Albuquerque, and Santa Fe! Favorites are Marble, 2nd Street, SF brewing Co.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:50 AM  

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Socorro Springs is the only one I know of down south. I haven't been to Las Cruces to check anything out there. There's plenty up here in Santa Fe and Albuquerque that would make the trip worthwhile.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:50 PM  

Las Cruces, New Mexico
As stated, De La Vega's Pecan Grill and Brewery is pretty good. They offer a decent selection, all apparently brewed on-site. Havent tried High Desert though, I'll have to give that a shot.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:45 PM  

I ate at the Pecan Grill a month ago and was pretty underwhelmed, food-wise. Great atmosphere though!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:01 PM  

Yeah I ate at the Pecan Grill about 2 months ago. I didn't mention it on my previous response because I thought they might of been having a bad night, and maybe there beer had not been the best. But I went back and again the beer is not even average, it is downright nasty. I felt completely ripped off, I tried all the ones they had on tap. Only the stout was drinkable. The food was not very good, but as ABQ_Mike said, it is a nice place. Unfortunately the beer and food are what matter in my book.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:18 PM  

Las Cruces, NM
Just to drop some knowledge on you guys, the beer at De La Vega's IS NOT brewed on site. It is just "repackaged" (tap handles and name) Sierra Blanca/Rio Grande Brewing beer. Not to say that it is bad, well some of it is, but they just buy it like everyone else. Also, the service I've had there has been exemplary until the last time. A quick talk with a manager fixed it, but its usually pretty good every time I've gone.
Also, the happy hour there is probably the best in town.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:27 PM  

Las Cruces, NM
Also, High Desert is going through some growing pains. They've just invested in a newer computerized brewing setup and they just haven't got things quite right just yet. Be sure to ask your server, they'll give it to you straight as to whats worth it that day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads