Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 08-27-2010, 10:30 AM  
Junior Member

Los Angeles
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9 | Kudos: +10
Turquoise Vendors?

I pass through Sante Fe on business several times a year and I want to purchase some turqouise jewelry, anyone know of a reasonably priced shop?

Thanks!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:53 PM  
Worlds Greatest Pilot
 
Truck633's Avatar

Las Cruces, NM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 20 | Kudos: +11
If you get a little further south, Gallup is on I40 west of Albuquerque and you will find the exact same jewelery about 50% cheaper!!

Tom
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:15 AM  
Junior Member

Los Angeles
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9 | Kudos: +10
AWESOME!

How far out is it, roughly?
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:14 PM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
I went to Gallop once, after taking a wrong turn. While gassing up, I got into a physical fight with a drunk Indian when he was demanding $10 to get gas in "his" Indian town. It wasn't much of a fight but I burnt a quick u turn and got the hell out of there. Never again!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 AM  
Junior Member

Los Angeles
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I went to Gallop once, after taking a wrong turn. While gassing up, I got into a physical fight with a drunk Indian when he was demanding $10 to get gas in "his" Indian town. It wasn't much of a fight but I burnt a quick u turn and got the hell out of there. Never again!
Well... That sounds like a lovely adventure, ha! Maybe I'll have to avoid the gas station panhandling, I don't know if I could take on a fight over 10 bucks!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:29 PM  
Worlds Greatest Pilot
 
Truck633's Avatar

Las Cruces, NM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 20 | Kudos: +11
I wont say it can't happen, but I have seen some inebriated folks around....Just avoid them
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:46 PM  
Junior Member

Bluff City, TN
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21 | Kudos: +12
To get from Santa Fe to Gallup you go south on 25 to Albuquerque then go west on I-40 the trip is 200 miles each way. So you will have to decide whether you will be buying enough jewelry to make it worth the trip but Truck633 is right, the same jewelry can be found for half of what you would pay in Sante Fe.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:12 AM  
Junior Member

Los Angeles
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeape934 View Post
To get from Santa Fe to Gallup you go south on 25 to Albuquerque then go west on I-40 the trip is 200 miles each way. So you will have to decide whether you will be buying enough jewelry to make it worth the trip but Truck633 is right, the same jewelry can be found for half of what you would pay in Sante Fe.

I'll have to see which direction my job takes me, but if I am within an hour the price sounds good enough to make the trip...
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:41 AM  
Junior Member

Chicago
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5 | Kudos: +10
LAlady--- let me know where you end up going, if you end up going. I have a good friend making the trip down there in December and she is looking for the same thing.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:43 AM  
Junior Member

Los Angeles
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspice View Post
LAlady--- let me know where you end up going, if you end up going. I have a good friend making the trip down there in December and she is looking for the same thing.
Will definitely do!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.