Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-25-2010, 09:12 AM  

Tijeras, nm
I believe in UFO's (UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT) , I also believe that everyone of them are military aircraft that are being tested.

A buddy of mine and I were hunting dove along the Rio Grande south of Las Cruces, we camped along the river. At night we saw a plane with an unusal set of lights.

They were bright flashing lights along the wing tips. Keep in mind these were not the type of lights you would expect to see as marker lights but more like bright flood lights.

The Feds had just moved two predator drones into the area, I often wondered if that was one.

We saw this plane 4 or 5 times each evening. I have seen many planes but none like that.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:45 PM  

I live in Las Cruces, NM

The only sighting of an Unidentified Flying Object would be up above White Sands Missile Range. It happened around 9pm, I could see it from my town (White Sands is about 20 minutes away from my town). It wasn't a missile, but it did leave a nice trail of smoke.

I don't have any pictures, but I'm trying to get one my friend took while he was hiking, he also encountered a Flying Object of some sort. Will post soon.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 PM  

Roswell, NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Im sure we cant be the only life in the universe
I truly can't say either way as I've never seen anything that would provide proof that there are. If there are others out there with greater intelligence as "proven" by the so-called UFO sightings what could possibly be the reason for coming here to our planet? If they do exist why would "they" want to abduct "Joe Hillbilly" who lives in the middle of no where? Perhaps to gain that persons intellect and knowledge in producing Moon Shine though an old car radiator or to learn how to hunt squirrels and possum.

And yes it to befuttles me that there is anyone out there who would vote Democrat - LOL. What's even worse is the # of people who are on the Presidential Approval ratings list!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:53 PM  

Roswell, NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsdenbrew View Post
Not really any UFO's but the meteor showers here are amazing. Never seen a sky like this, so full of stars! I have seen many meteors and many colors, my favorites are the green meteors. I used to get ribbed at work about my green meteor sightings until someone brought me a newspaper article about green meteors.

Meteor Showers are something that I can't wait to see out here. We moved to Roswell from Denver (A mistake, but at least we can see the stars out here). The sky here reminds me of where I grew up in Colorado. I grew up in a small mountain town and we could see stars for what seemed like forever. I can only imagine what a Meteor Shower would look like!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:19 AM  

Edgewood, New Mexico
Speaking of meteor showers, there is supposed to be a good one Tuesday night. Next week a lunar eclipse sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! As for UFO's, I have seen some unusual objects in the sky. Definitely unidentified, but I am not sure what it was I saw.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:10 PM  
Worlds Greatest Pilot

Las Cruces, NM
We operate an Aerostar UAS (unmanned aerial system) out of the Las Cruces airport, may be what you are describing.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 PM  

Tijeras, nm
What is it? For border surveilance?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:27 AM  
Worlds Greatest Pilot

Las Cruces, NM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark70669 View Post
What is it? For border surveilance?
Basically just a testbed, we put together a platform that customers can use to test their equipment, ie sensors, radars, optics..... So yes, it COULD be for border watching *shakesheadnowhiletalking* but that would be an infringment on rights, so we wont go there!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:33 AM  

Tijeras, New Mexico
Lived here over 30 years and never seen one.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:32 PM  

If you have ever spent any time in Roswell you will definitely think there is some aliens in that town. They have a big festival during the 4th of July (or at least they used to) that is all about UFOs and aliens. Pretty interesting thing to see, I have not been in a few years but it used to be a big deal.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads