Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2010, 09:19 PM  

Greene County, Virginia
Vacation in Albequerque, New Mexico

Just got back from a vacation in Edgewood. That area is pretty cool, we went to the balloon fiesta, up the Sandia mountain (on the tram one day, and the backside by car another day), Old Town, the zoo, Madrid.

Not being used to the elevation, it was wild to be in the 40's in Edgewood and 60's in Albequerque.

Only one problem the whole time, we got hit by a loose wheel on San Mateo and Gibson.

All in all, it's a nice place to visit. But... the vegetation is bland compared to the east coast, however the lack of annoying insects was nice .

Old 10-15-2010, 11:15 PM  
Dweller

Oregon City, Oregon
I truly enjoy visiting ABQ as often as I can. Having friends there helps to see the truly unique things. Of course there are the staples like the balloon fest and the tram at Sandia Peak. What I really like is the Marble Brewery and the local wineries.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:33 PM  

Albuquerque, NM
13yrs and counting. Miss the east coast but this weather is just too good to miss!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:22 AM  

Tijeras, nm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF71 View Post
Just got back from a vacation in Edgewood. That area is pretty cool, we went to the balloon fiesta, up the Sandia mountain (on the tram one day, and the backside by car another day), Old Town, the zoo, Madrid.

Not being used to the elevation, it was wild to be in the 40's in Edgewood and 60's in Albequerque.

Only one problem the whole time, we got hit by a loose wheel on San Mateo and Gibson.

All in all, it's a nice place to visit. But... the vegetation is bland compared to the east coast, however the lack of annoying insects was nice .
Not too brag but I live that every day. I live about 6 miles west of Edgewood. It seems like it is always at least 10 degrees cooler than ABQ. I have seen it as much as 22. I cant remember the last time I saw a bug. Sometimes I have to chase the coyotes out of the yard at night but what the heck.

Hopefully you got the chance to drive over Sandia Crest from Cedar Crest and drop down into Placitas.

The desert is equally as beautiful ( use your imagination ) next time take a drive through it as well. Spring time is great.

I was born and raised is Florida and dont miss it.

I work in Santa Fe and driveup North 14 every day. The views are great. I have seen deer, coyotes, cougar, bear, praire dogs. Be careful if you drive that way, it is a speed trap, I have gotten two tickets in a years time, both for doing 5 or 6 over. I deserved both and still drive 5 or 6 over!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:52 AM  

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Though it never gets as green as the coasts, visit here in the spring. Lot's of green, flowers in bloom including desert cacti. And still no flying insects to annoy you.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 PM  
Worlds Greatest Pilot

Las Cruces, NM
The October Balloon fest is a kick in the pants, if you haven't been you should really try, pictures are great but the just don't do it any justice!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:31 PM  
Moved NY => Abq 3/9/11

I've been to NM and Abq three times, and it only took two for me to decide to move there.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 PM  

Tijeras, nm
What kind of Jeep do you have JeeperDon? Plenty of places to use it here. I have an 80 CJ7 and use it regularly in the mountains and desert.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:17 PM  
Moved NY => Abq 3/9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark70669 View Post
What kind of Jeep do you have JeeperDon?
A '93 YJ, built up quite a bit. I've met a few of the NM4W club guys and went off-road with them one day in July. I'll be joining when I move there.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 PM  

Tijeras, nm
yeah mine is built up too. I have 16k into it and when I look at it cant figure out how... Oh well, you cant stick it and I have fun....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.