Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 AM  

Knoxville, Tennessee
Weather in New Mexico

I lived through a tough summer in Tennessee. VERY hot and HUMID. I didn't even hardly go outside, my air hardly kept up. I hear that it is hot there, but it's dry and you do not really feel the heat. Is that right. How is the cost of living? Thinking of moving somewhere. I love summer but not last summer, it was the first summer that I wished it was over.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 AM  

Edmond, Oklahoma
I spent a lot of time in Eastern New Mexico and West Texas... you could certainly feel the heat, not as humid as TN, but still hot.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:26 PM  

Farmington, New Mexico
Weather here is great. It of course depends on where in NM you are as to how hot/cold. But you are correct, it is always a dry climate. I have lived all over NM and the cost of living varies. Right now I live in Farmington and it is one of the highest in the state. The further south you go the more affordable it tends to be.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:29 AM  

San Francisco, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaisec View Post
The further south you go the more affordable it tends to be.
...and the hotter

You can find pretty much any environment in NM you want unless you want booming metropolis or humid. The northern part of the state has some good elevations that get a nice blend of 4 seasons without too harsh a winter or summer. Just gotta look carefully into anywhere specific you're considering. Sometimes it's only a half hour drive from one town to the next, but the not so apparent on the map elevation change means the winter or summer will be twice as bad/good in one over the other. Harsh winters and summers being very relative terms since it is NM we're talking about.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:13 PM  

Roswell, NM
I live in SE New Mexico (Roswell) and I can tell you this much about the temperature names were now obtained through any other way than the way Chili heat is named:

Mild
Mild-Medium
Medium
Medium-Hot
Hot
Extra Hot

Thats it, right now its Mild to Mild-Medium outsise.

Hope this helps!!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:52 PM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
The heat here is hot and dry. I think that it is more bareable than humid heat. The cost of living here is a bit unusal I think. Wages aren't very high. And if your looking to buy the houses aren't that much cheaper than the national average. Renting is more reasonable though.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:27 AM  

Tijeras, nm
I live in Tijeras in the mountains outside of ABQ. I dont have an air conditioner and have never needed one. A couple days out of the year it might hit 90 but the shade and breeze keeps the house cool.

All of NM is arrid but can be very hot. I lived in Las Cruces for several years and there were several weeks every year with 100+ temperatures and you do feel it.

NM's weather is the best I have experienced and I have lived in OR, WA, FL, GA, LA, PA.

If you like to have 4 seasons consider Cloudcroft, Tijeras, and Ruidoso.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:29 PM  

Albuquerque, NM
Fall/Winter/Spring my favorite. Summer is hot but not crazy IMO. Golf 12 months of the year!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 PM  

Santa Fe, NM
I'd say New Mexico is pretty mild for all 4 seasons. Summer here in Santa Fe is usually 80-90F with very low humidity so things don't stick to you.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:27 AM  

Rio Rancho, NM
I moved out here 8 years ago from NC...I hated the humidity in NC and love that there is no humidity here. Yes, it gets warm but not really any warmer then NC and then there is no humidity. You can take a shower here and not be drenched as soon as you get out of the shower like I was back east.

It took a bit of getting used to the lack of greenery around most of the state, but the geography is unbelievable out here!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!