Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 08:11 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
It took a bit of getting used to the lack of greenery around most of the state, but the geography is unbelievable out here!

And that only gets worse with time. Me, I'm sick and tired of every thing being brown. Dam near every house is some shade of brown. It seems like the people here like drab.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:47 AM  

Tijeras, nm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamataco View Post
It took a bit of getting used to the lack of greenery around most of the state, but the geography is unbelievable out here!

And that only gets worse with time. Me, I'm sick and tired of every thing being brown. Dam near every house is some shade of brown. It seems like the people here like drab.
Consider moving out past Tijeras about 5 miles. I live right at exit 181. I have a wooded lot and most of the trees are green year round. I am 20 minutes from most everything in the east side.

Houses are more diverse, horses in the area, friendly neighbors.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:22 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark70669 View Post
Consider moving out past Tijeras about 5 miles. I live right at exit 181. I have a wooded lot and most of the trees are green year round. I am 20 minutes from most everything in the east side.

Houses are more diverse, horses in the area, friendly neighbors.
With the economy the way it is it's hard to sell. So unless my wife gets transfered some place I am sort of stuck right where I am. The only reason I bought the house I live in is because my daughter lives on the next street. And my grand children are very close.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 AM  

Tijeras, nm
In some ways I envy you, my kids and grand kids are in Florida where I grew up. I could never go back, the heat and humidity are just too much, too nice in the mountains.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:26 AM  

New Orleans, LA
I just recently moved from NM to New Orleans after living there my entire life so far. I'd say the weather and food is what i miss the most. Yeah it gets to be over 100 several times a year in the southern half of the state but it's a bareable heat. I strongly dislike the humidity and heat that we get here in New Orleans. It is miserable at times.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 AM  

Knoxville, Tennessee
I am having a tough time convincing my kids into it. They are having kids right now (I'm a papaw???). I do not want to move away from them. I think that if next summer is like the last one, they might budge. I could hardly handle it, although it is now starting winter here and it's cold out, I do not like that either. AAARRGGGG !!!!! I like shooting sports, working on my cars, El Camino, Jeep Wrangler, fishing, all outdoor stuff. Again AAARRRGGG !!!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 AM  

Tijeras, nm
Quote:
Originally Posted by newski View Post
I just recently moved from NM to New Orleans after living there my entire life so far. I'd say the weather and food is what i miss the most. Yeah it gets to be over 100 several times a year in the southern half of the state but it's a bareable heat. I strongly dislike the humidity and heat that we get here in New Orleans. It is miserable at times.

I lived in Lake Charles LA for 4 years, heat, humidity, bugs and snakes!

But the food and the people were wonderful. The boiled crawfish I miss.

sez les bon temps rouler! C'bon
Old 12-03-2010, 07:46 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark70669 View Post
In some ways I envy you, my kids and grand kids are in Florida where I grew up. I could never go back, the heat and humidity are just too much, too nice in the mountains.
I know what you mean. I used to live in Alabama. The humidity there was pretty bad. But I went to Florida to pick up a car for a client and I just couldn't believe how much worse the humidity was there.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:48 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep55 View Post
I am having a tough time convincing my kids into it. They are having kids right now (I'm a papaw???). I do not want to move away from them. I think that if next summer is like the last one, they might budge. I could hardly handle it, although it is now starting winter here and it's cold out, I do not like that either. AAARRGGGG !!!!! I like shooting sports, working on my cars, El Camino, Jeep Wrangler, fishing, all outdoor stuff. Again AAARRRGGG !!!
I grew up in Albany N.Y. and I was quite suprised when I moved here just how cold the winter could be. It's not nearly as bad as up state N.Y. but I thought it wouldn't be any where near as cold as it gets.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:03 PM  

Santa Fe, New Mexico
We live in Santa Fe, at 7000 feet. There are perhaps 10 days out of the summer where the temps climb above 90, a few days in winter where we get close to 0. Dry most of the time, sunny most of the time. Once the sun goes down, grab a sweater - it cools off fast w/o the humidity.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.