Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 PM  

Slidell, LA
Beer in NO

I figured I'd post about New Orleans Lagers and Ales. This is a true New Orleans brewery that was founded a few years ago. I live down here on the Northshore, and love good beer. I'm also a homebrewer.

NOLA is a good choice for a locally produced beer, that is slowly gaining a foothold in the NO area. Good beer made with good ingredients.

I have no real connection to the brewery. I will also add that if you're on the Northshore, the Abita brewpub is a good place to stop in for a draught. And they always have several beers to choose from and a seasonal.

Downtown you can find good food, a nice bar, and fine beer at Gordon Biersch.

And if you're a fan of good beer, and you are in town for a weekend or just hanging around ... The Avenue Pub is a must visit.

Cheers!

~r~

Old 12-21-2010, 01:05 PM  

New Orleans, LA
Also if you are looking for a large selection of beers from around the world, Lagers in Metairie is a must.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:37 PM  

Baton Rouge, LA
DBA of New Orleans is where it's at. d.b.a. | drinkgoodstuff.com
Old 12-28-2010, 10:52 AM  

Fort Worth, TX
Check out Stein's Deli, they have a pretty awesome selection of bottled beer. Only issue is you have to take it out, no drinking in the deli.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:58 AM  

Slidell, LA
I agree on all accounts above. Also, I've been acquainted with Dan (Stein) for many years and not only does he have a good selection of import beers (good ones) ... his deli serves some of the best sandwiches in the city.

As far as I'm concerned, you've missed something if you've came to NO and not tried a Pastrami at Dan's.

~r~
Old 01-14-2011, 04:05 PM  

New Orleans, LA
How did we make it through 5 posts without a mention of the Bulldog or Cooter Brown's? Yum yum beer!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:48 AM  

Slidell, LA
Love to get a few beers at both of those places when I'm in the city. Hopefully you can get some NOLA brown at either of those places these days!

~r~

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
Bookmark this Page!