Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2010, 03:02 PM  

Albany, NY
Favorite place to see a concert/small gig in New York City?

I'm from "upstate" but I love taking day trips to the city to see shows... what are some of the best places to see a small concert? I saw leo kottke at the city winery and had a great time!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 AM  

New York City, New Jersey
It really depends upon what kind of music you're into. There are a lot of small DIY places around Brooklyn that hold shows.

My favorite club in NYC is the Bowery Ballroom, hands down. I think I'm biased though since I met my wife at a show there...

Old 12-01-2010, 10:40 AM  

New York, New York
If you're looking for a smaller more intimate venue, check out the Rockwood music hall in the east village.

Rockwood Music Hall - Upcoming Performances
Old 12-02-2010, 12:35 PM  

New York City, New York
I second Rockwood. It's a fantastic venue.

I also recently made a trip to Webster Hall. Another great venue, but it's a little maze like inside.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:36 PM  

Kings Park, NY
Brooklyn Bowl is a really nice venue/bar/bowling alley. Staff is really nice, great food, and great beer.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:25 PM  

Brooklyn, NY
Terminal 5!.... Just kidding, that place blows.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:01 PM  

Kingston, New York
CBGB's used to be pretty cool. had to the whole dank unsanitary thing going for it
Old 12-23-2010, 09:23 AM  

Central, NJ
I play a lot of clubs in NYC, and by far my fave place to play or listen to some live music is Rockwood Music Hall. So so good.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 PM  

Brooklyn, New York
While I haven't actually seen a show there, The Rock Shop on 4th Ave in Brooklyn looks to put on a pretty good show. Live music just about every night. Full bar, and there's a second floor that's a sports bar that serves some good pub grub.

Also, there's The Brooklyn Lyceum, a kind of community center in a nearly ancient public bath house on 4th Ave. They've got all kinds of haps there.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:53 PM  

Concert

Although not really a small venue, Central Park has amazing concerts in the summer.

A lot of them are free and if they're not it's free to listen outside of the concert.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Bookmark this Page!