Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2010, 10:17 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
New York's Naked Cowboy plans to run for presidency

He might just be an improvement..

Quote:
THE Naked Cowboy - New York's Times Square legend - will announce his plans to enter the 2012 presidential race, according to a statement on his website published yesterday.

The performer, whose real name is Robert John Burck, is a well-known attraction in the Times Square area in his uniform of cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and briefs, with a guitar swung over his shoulder.

Burck invited members of the press to the official announcement of his presidential run tomorrow at noon (3am AEST).

"America needs a president who believes in America. America needs a president who will stand up for America and protect its language, its borders, and most importantly, its culture," Burck said in a statement.

"America, I will fight to give the power back to the people. My entire platform and all of my policies and decisions will be organized so as to achieve a much smaller, fiscally responsible, decentralized federal government," added the 39-year-old, who earned a bachelor's degree in political science at the University of Cincinnati.

In July 2009, Burck challenged Mayor Michael Bloomberg in that year's election for mayor of New York City. He withdrew from the race a couple of months later, saying there was too much red-tape involved.
New York's Naked Cowboy plans to run for presidency | Herald Sun

Old 10-05-2010, 07:57 AM  

Wading River, NY
Look what he wears, he's not a fashion maven. I bet he wont be wearing the $500 sneakers that Michele Obama feels teh need to buy. Maybe the Naked Cowboy can relate to the needs of the People. These other clowns are have no clue. 'Let them eat cake'
He already has a website so you can comunicate with him. Ever try e-mailing a current politician? Form letter respoonse is all you get. And they supposedly work for us.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:25 PM  

brooklyn, New York
he was going to run for mayor but steeped down and i believe no one ever know why.

it could happen like Arnold Swatsinger being in charge of California.

but i think he will only make it so far without people backing him up since the tea party is kind of strong now. but anything can happen
Old 10-13-2010, 09:35 PM  

clarksville, tennessee
he should run for mayor. Bloomberg is a flip-flopping idiot. I don't know how the "sophistcated" residents of nyc keep voting him in
Old 10-14-2010, 06:48 AM  

Wading River, NY
Can you say Charlie Rangel?

Here's a crook that is in court every day defending his bad doings yet he just got voted in again.

The snooty rich City folk vote for the snooty rich Mayor and the prodominently Black community of Harlem keep voting in the Black Guy.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:38 AM  

Huntington, NY
Does he even come out to Times Square anymore? I never hear about him anymore.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:47 AM  

New york, New york
He's got my vote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:39 AM  

Babylon, Ny
He's more qualified than most politicians In office
Old 10-18-2010, 02:14 PM  

12550, New York
Hey, I would rather have average Joe Schmoe in office than a big politician. It would show America really is for the people. Too bad one president Joe Schmoe wouldn't do much compared to 25 Joe Schmoes in the senate. To be honest, ideally we would have an American history professor as president with an American economy professor as his VP.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:00 AM  

New Paltz, New York
Did you really think He would NOT run?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Bookmark this Page!