Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2010, 02:37 PM  

Nassau County, New York
What's your favorite NYC bar?

My 3 favorite bars in NYC !!!The first one is the International bar. They are located at 120 1/2 1st Ave in the Village. Drinks are cheap & the service is great, you won't find the stuck up preppies or snobs in this bar. Just good ol' fashioned fun. If you do stop by there tell Roger (one of the bartenders) I said "hi". The second bar would be Don Hills they play great rock and it's just an all around fun bar. They are located at 511 Greenwich St. @ Spring St. The third bar would be Manitoba's. They are located at 99 Avenue B. Again, great music & atmosphere and really great service. I just looked above at the rules, hope the admin doesn't take this as advertising. Anyone else have favorite bars in NYC feel free to post 'em

Old 08-29-2010, 05:18 PM  

Long Island, NY
Manhattan is whack

i don't go to Manhattan, parking is the worst, they ticket your car with absurd fines, and tow it also in most spots. Also, most of the women all live in Jersey or uptown, too far from me. i stay going to spots in Brooklyn and Queens.

BROOKLYN - . KB on Willoughby & Lawrence, Essence on Atlantic & Troy - great karaoke, Denim on Bedford & Halsey, Sugar Hill on Nostrand & Dekalb, NYPerks on Smith & Warren.

If anyone is interested, next time i will post Queens spots.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:45 AM  

New York, New York
I don't drink so I'm generally not too fond of bars. But I have been to a couple that were nice. One is The Gutter, although I just realized it's in Brooklyn. It's pretty cool though because it's a bar and restaurant and they have bowling! I went there a couple years ago on Halloween and it was a massive party and we hung out and my friends drank and we all bowled. It was a great time. The other one that was nice was really small and features live music by actual artists, not meaning to offend anyone. My fiance dragged me there one night to see Samantha Farrell and it's really small but nice, full of yuppies, but cool none-the-less. We were about 6 feet from Samantha, it was great. I can't remember the name, sorry.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 AM  

Long Island, New York
Im going to a bachelor party and I need a list of bars to go to in Manhattan all types from dives to top self ass holes lol!!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:09 PM  

Patchogue (Long Island), NY
My favorite: The Trailer Park. W 23rd St between 7th and 8th ave

Just a fun small bar to go to to get the night going. White trailer trash type theme, shrine to Tanya Harding, cans of PBR and Schaefer (and normal beers too), greasy bar foods including tater tots hahahaha.

Been there many times.

If you like a crowded bar with beer pong, darts and usually a good crowd of partying females and males: Down The Hatch 179 W 4th St between 6th and 7th ave.

Good semi upscale bar that is known for their margaritas (and boy they are very strong, I'm a big drinker but it doesn't take me very many of their margaritas to get me going): El Rio Grande 160 E 38th st, between Lex and 3rd ave.....The downfall is the drink prices are hefty

Those are just a few off the top of my head
Old 10-05-2010, 04:40 PM  

Roslyn, NY
McSorley's, E7th and Cooper, oldest bar in NY, my father used to go there when he was young, and he's turning 91 in January. Great place, steeped in tradition and it's dirt cheap to eat and drink (beer only, light or dark, and they come 2 at a time). On Fri and Sat nights they tend to get a lot of Jersey types but who can blame them for wanting to leave Jersey? The bartenders and wait staff are unchanged for the most part since I started going there almost 40 years ago!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 AM  

Long Island, New York
thanks for the post I will talk to the rest of the crew to see what they say!
Old 10-15-2010, 09:37 AM  

Huntington, NY
Frying pan is awesome in the summer - it's an outdoor bar located on an old railroad barge off Chelsea Piers. Sits right on the Hudson... awesome views.

I also like Merc bar

and Fat Baby is always good if you wanna get tipssyyyy - A lot of pretty girls go there. Usually a line though.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:37 AM  

New york, New york
Mcsorlys old ale house by far the best
Old 10-16-2010, 06:24 AM  

Roslyn, NY
Here's a couple more of my personal favorites, both walking distance from McSorley's.

Just down the street to the East of McSorley's is the Burp Castle (same block, same side of the street). It's a cool, dark downstairs in the basement kind of place. They have some Belgium Ales and other good beers. Further East down 7th at the corner of Ave B (only about a 5 minute walk from McSorley's) is Vazacs, more affectionately known to the locals as 7B. This may be the cheapest place to drink in Manhattan. You will meet some interesting characters there, lots of young locals that have re-populated the lower East side.

While you're down on the lower East side walk a few blocks in any direction and stop in to one of the many other inexpensive and sometimes trendy bars that you'll find in the immediate area.

Although I specialize in cheap dives (though Burp isn't particularly cheap) I also frequent some more upscale places, will post them later on.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Bookmark this Page!