Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 06:37 AM  

rye brook, New York
I would have to say 2A, on 2nd and A, and also Revival on 15th near irving plaza. Both are pretty cheap, and awesome vibes. Happy hour specials are pretty great too.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:01 AM  

NY
Wow, this is a loaded question...

Williamsburgh - Muggs Ale House (Bedford & 10th) - great selection of drafts, with really low prices, and a warm atmosphere. Probably my favorite place

Williamsburgh - Spuyten Duyvil (Metropolitan near Roebling) - hands down the best Belgian beer bar in NYC area! Also if/when you go get a cheese plate, they are always delicious!

Williamsburgh - Barcade (Union Ave just off BQE) - classic video games and craft brews (enough said).

Old 11-20-2010, 01:42 PM  

New York, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustguy View Post
Unfortunately my favorite bar in Manhattan closed years ago. There used to be a bar around the block from the Beacon Theatre called Mellons. Whenever I happened into the city to go to a concert at the Beacon Theatre, I would drop in to Mellons for a couple of pints of Whatneys Red Barrel. They had a great Bartender who used to give every third pint for free. Man I miss that place.
My favorite is also closed; the old Red Rock West on 17th and 10th.

Now it depends on mood. For punk rock it's either Double Down or Three of Cups (on some nights). Beer Bar? Blind Tiger for day drinking but it's too crowded at night. Standings or Hop Devil depending on what's on tap.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:00 PM  

NYC, NY
George Keeley

I used to work at George Keeley for a while, and now and then go back to help out. It is located on 83rd & Amsterdam. They specialize in craft beer and have 22 taps going. They have a few staples, but most beers always rotate. The staff are great and the kitchen downstairs makes some great food. If anyone ever wants a brew, let me know.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 PM  

Pelham, New York
Another vote for Rattle n Hum. Also, from my bachelor years on the UES, Uva on 2nd & 76th.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:54 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_danziger View Post
McSorley's, E7th and Cooper, oldest bar in NY, my father used to go there when he was young, and he's turning 91 in January. Great place, steeped in tradition and it's dirt cheap to eat and drink (beer only, light or dark, and they come 2 at a time). On Fri and Sat nights they tend to get a lot of Jersey types but who can blame them for wanting to leave Jersey? The bartenders and wait staff are unchanged for the most part since I started going there almost 40 years ago!
The one time I tried going there I think it was a friday night and there was a large line out the door to get in. Is this typical on most nights of the week or are there slower nights to check it out?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 AM  

Forest Hills, New York
All about Rattle N' Hum. It gets crowded and annoying at times, but the beer is great and they make the best goddamn onion rings EVER.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:37 AM  

Blind Tiger NYC, hands down. Great beer selection and an attractive bartender (Kate the Great!)
Gingerman NYC - Mmmm.....Belgian beers (among many others)
Swig - Yay, local to work!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:07 PM  

Roslyn, NY
McSorley's is only a zoo on the weekends. There's always plenty of people in there at night but the lines to get in are only on Fri and Sat.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:23 PM  

I visited New York City a few weeks back and thought McSourley's was really cool. I like the history behind the place, and the fact that its a presidential hangout spot; kinda neat. I also liked Flight 151 in Chelsea right by my hostel. Pretty quiet little sports bar.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > New York City
Bookmark this Page!