Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2010, 07:45 AM  

Hopewell Junction, New York
Dutchess County, NY

Dutchess County, NY...as the title suggests, anyone live in or around the area. I am in Fishkill, formerly in Gardner. Whats the latest goings on in this area?

Kal-

Old 12-29-2010, 11:57 AM  

Red Hook, NY
I'm in Red Hook. The latest goings on are really all about the storm ....

Old 12-29-2010, 02:48 PM  

New Paltz, New York
Yup, everyone's talking about the snow. Other then that being from the next town over, everyone is talking about taxes, the school dist. "tools" want to build a new middle high school. The Village of NP is crying they have no money to pay for anything and have put all their depts. on freezes. So bad that the fire dept. is in violation with OSHA and even though budgets were signed off on and then told they could not spend their dept. budgets.

The town law makers don't get along with the village law markers and vise versa. And they have a fight on their hands with resd. on Spring town rd. with a law they passed that will not let those resd. on that road to sub-divide, remodel, rebuild, etc. because they are in a flood plain area and the towns stand is due to flooding in the spring emergency services can not reach them. So those folks beat up on the town, village. But the scape goat are the emergency services thanks to the powers that be.

And lastly off the top of my head, there's a committee that is trying to consolidate the village and town into a city. Time will tell, but I'll bet a weeks pay that goes not where fast!

Sorry about the rant.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:24 AM  

Hopewell Junction, New York
well said joe......hopefully this winter will end soon. I can't take another storm....that, and my wood pile is almost completely diminished!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:23 PM  

Bronx NY, NY
Girlfriend lives in Wappingers? That count for something?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM  

New Paltz, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy14295 View Post
Girlfriend lives in Wappingers? That count for something?
Only if you move there.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:51 AM  

Poughkeepsie, ny
I live in Eastern Dutchess on the Ct. border, it used to be a great place to live, but now Antique shops, Mexicans,City people and high taxes have taken over. I don't mind the Mexes, but could get along without the rest ,including the high taxes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!