Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2010, 08:49 AM  

New Paltz, New York
Fire Department?

Just wondering how many Firefighters we have on the forum?
I'm 1st LT. with New Paltz. Been here for 11yrs and was with Monell Engine, Washingtonville for 10yrs before that.

Stay safe Brothers.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:31 AM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
I was a volunteer years ago, loved it and had plans to make it a career but life got in the way. After living in areas with only paid houses I was unfortunate enough to move next door to one of the white helmets here in Webster.

My 15 yo son is now an explorer and loving every minute of it. I'm lined up to get voted in next month.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 PM  

New Paltz, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
I was a volunteer years ago, loved it and had plans to make it a career but life got in the way. After living in areas with only paid houses I was unfortunate enough to move next door to one of the white helmets here in Webster.

My 15 yo son is now an explorer and loving every minute of it. I'm lined up to get voted in next month.
Nice to see your getting involved again. I'm sure they can use the help. I don't know of any vollie house that does not need members. As to career on "the job" my is kinda like that too. Waited and died on a few lists and never got called. When I did get called, (FDNY after 9-11) I sadily had to not take it. Life had moved me along to the point I could not take the loss in pay and feed my new family. Had things been different. Oh well, just because I don't get paid does not mean I'm not a professional at doing the job.

Hell, I even get to deal with local gov't boobs who think they know how to run emgerency services in my town.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:22 PM  

Bronx NY, NY
Volly with Lake Mohegan FD in Westchester. Hopefully going OTJ soon.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:00 PM  

New Paltz, New York
Nice flyboy. How long you been a vollie?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:09 AM  

12550, New York
Kenbo should show up in this thread soon.

I always thought it would be a nice way to give back to the community by being a volunteer, but I never had the time needed to devote to it. My town is this little place that shares a zip code with Newburgh, and a School District with Marlboro, yet they have 2 fire houses and one of the nicest landscaping anywhere. The guys there put in a lot of time and effort to keep their equipment and facilities in the best condition possible, and they seem to always be right there when needed. I respect and honor that.

Keep up the good work guys.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:33 PM  
"VolksJeepin"

Poughkeepsie, NY
I believe I was called???

I'm a Lt. in Pleasant Valley

Sitting #2 on the list for the City of Poughkeepsie.......
Old 10-22-2010, 09:23 AM  

New Paltz, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo View Post
I believe I was called???

I'm a Lt. in Pleasant Valley

Sitting #2 on the list for the City of Poughkeepsie.......
Goodluck with getting on in Poughkeepsie. Passed your house yesterday Kenbo was doing work at Troop K HQ. You guys have some nice rigs over there.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:27 AM  

New Paltz, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Kenbo should show up in this thread soon.

I always thought it would be a nice way to give back to the community by being a volunteer, but I never had the time needed to devote to it. My town is this little place that shares a zip code with Newburgh, and a School District with Marlboro, yet they have 2 fire houses and one of the nicest landscaping anywhere. The guys there put in a lot of time and effort to keep their equipment and facilities in the best condition possible, and they seem to always be right there when needed. I respect and honor that.

Keep up the good work guys.
I'm gonna guess your in Middlehope's fire dist. If you ever find the time, they can use you. Yes it takes up tons of time, but if you can find and make the time it is well worth it IMO.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:38 PM  

12550, New York
Yep, Middlehope. My neighbor was the Fire Chief until a year ago, and another neighbor seems to live there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!