Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2010, 08:54 PM  

New Paltz, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
another neighbor seems to live there.
That sounds like something my wife would say.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:59 PM  
"VolksJeepin"

Poughkeepsie, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
Goodluck with getting on in Poughkeepsie. Passed your house yesterday Kenbo was doing work at Troop K HQ. You guys have some nice rigs over there.
Thanks man. We just got a couple new rigs within the past year and a half. A new attack engine and a monster new tanker that just got delivered a week ago.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:15 PM  

New Paltz, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo View Post
Thanks man. We just got a couple new rigs within the past year and a half. A new attack engine and a monster new tanker that just got delivered a week ago.
Sweet. Always cool when a new rig come in. We just replace our pumper/rescue a few months ago.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:57 PM  
"VolksJeepin"

Poughkeepsie, NY
Yeah man, it's just a shame that they're getting so damn expensive!! This new tanker is pretty nice though. It's on a Kenworth cab/chassis and has a 3000 gallon tank on it.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:00 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Anybody do wet downs anymore for the new apparatus?

My kid got his pager tonight and got checked out for scba bottle changing and hydrant hitting..

So he's now allowed to respond to calls.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:47 PM  
"VolksJeepin"

Poughkeepsie, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
Anybody do wet downs anymore for the new apparatus?

My kid got his pager tonight and got checked out for scba bottle changing and hydrant hitting..

So he's now allowed to respond to calls.
Thats pretty cool. It is one of the best things one can do at that age. I personally feel that before one gets their drivers license they should have to go to a few good wrecks to see what can happen if/when seat belts aren't worn or when an idiot decides to drink and drive. It sure scared the hell out of me when I first started driving...... It still gets me every now and then.....
Old 11-11-2010, 09:18 PM  

New Paltz, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo View Post
Thats pretty cool. It is one of the best things one can do at that age. I personally feel that before one gets their drivers license they should have to go to a few good wrecks to see what can happen if/when seat belts aren't worn or when an idiot decides to drink and drive. It sure scared the hell out of me when I first started driving...... It still gets me every now and then.....
So true. Had my license for a short time before joining the fire dept. Sure made me be a bit more careful behind the wheel. Not always,(like they say young and dumb) but a little better. And to seeing bad wrecks, well let's just say I've lost count. The ones that stay with me now involve kids. Those make me think about my own. Little ones should not be in harms way.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:44 PM  

12550, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
So true. Had my license for a short time before joining the fire dept. Sure made me be a bit more careful behind the wheel. Not always,(like they say young and dumb) but a little better. And to seeing bad wrecks, well let's just say I've lost count. The ones that stay with me now involve kids. Those make me think about my own. Little ones should not be in harms way.
I never went and saw wrecks like that, but I was a safe driver because things like that scared the crap out of me. That didn't stop me from spinning the tires on my dad's truck every once in a while, or roasting 1-3 in it, but that was almost always off public roads. I can only think of one occasion where I purposefully drifted his truck. It would let loose on its own and I would have to rein it is, but that is what you get with street tires, wet, and no rear end weight with standard.

As for the part about little ones, I totally agree. I think it should be so illegal to smoke inside around kids, or in a car around them that you lose them do to child endangerment. I have only seen one really terrible wreck (as in watched the accident occur), and it involved a Chevy Beretta (I believe) hitting a 1500 ZR1 that was stopped at about 70mph. The truck rolled 9 times and landed on its lid. Everyone was wearing a seatbelt, and they all walked away (sore, couple cuts on the mom, and whiplash for the mom and dad). There were two kids in the back seat that made it out fine. i-95 in Florida, traffic was a dead stop because a tractor trailer jackknifed stopping for a different accident.

The whole kids thing is also why my favorite charity is St. Jude's. I have donated to them on multiple occasions.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:24 PM  

LR, you just earned a + 1 for that honorable mention of donating to St. Jude's!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 AM  

12550, New York
Well thank you. I was pretty sad when Chilies did the profit donation thing this year. I treated my dad to lunch last year because they donated the profits from that day at every Chilies nationwide to St. Jude's. The closest one to hear is an hour away, and being stuck at college, I had no ride.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!