Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2010, 07:15 AM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
We're getting 'lake effected' pretty severely today..

Kinda funny though, with the 25k wind blowing off of the lake my yard is virtually snow free.. the not so funny part is it's all drifting on my driveway..

I'm loving it, so far...

Old 12-05-2010, 05:09 PM  
Supporting Member

Rochester, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJ View Post
We're getting 'lake effected' pretty severely today..

Kinda funny though, with the 25k wind blowing off of the lake my yard is virtually snow free.. the not so funny part is it's all drifting on my driveway..

I'm loving it, so far...

Yeah - drifts are a way of life anywhere near open land like the lake, parks or farmland. I live on the lake and have a bunch of open acreage directly south on my house. I get no snow in the yard and 3+ foot drifts across the driveway and up to the house.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:23 PM  

12550, New York
We are right next to the Hudson River, and we get them ever so often. Not huge ones, but we do get snow drifts.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:51 AM  

New York City, New Jersey
Aug. 12
Moved to our new home in New York. It is so beautiful here. The hills are so picturesque. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them. God's Country. I love it here!
Oct. 14
New York is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turning all different colors. I love the shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through some beautiful hills and spotted some deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most peaceful animals on earth. This must be Paradise…I love it here!
Nov. 11
Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such an elegant creature. The very symbol of peace and tranquility. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here!
Dec 2
It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won) and when the snowplow came by, we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. Mother nature in perfect harmony. I love New York!
Dec 12
More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did his trick again (that rascal). A winter wonderland…I love it here!
Dec 19
More snow last night…Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work this time! I'm exhausted from shoveling. That damn snowplow!
Dec 22
More of that white sh** fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow man hides around the corner and waits until I'm done shoveling this driveway. A-hole!
Dec 25
"White Christmas" my busted a**! More friggen snow. If I ever get my hands on that son of a b**** who drives that snowplow, I swear I'll castrate the dumb bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt this friggen ICE!
Dec 28
More white sh** last night. Been inside since Christmas Day except for shoveling out the driveway every time "Snowplow Harry" comes by. Can't go anywhere, cars buried in a mountain of white sh**. The weatherman says to expect another 10" of the sh** tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10" is?
Jan. 1
Happy Damn New Year, the weatherman was wrong (again). We got 34" of the white sh** this time. At this rate it won't melt before the 4th of July. The snowplow got stuck up the road, and the sh**head had the balls to come to the door and ask to borrow my shovel. After I told him I've broken 6 shovels already, shoveling all the sh** he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his damn head!
Jan. 4
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back, a damn deer ran in front of the car and I hit the bastard. Did about $3,000 worth of damage to the car. Those damn beasts ought to be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.
May 3
Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rotting out from all that damn salt they keep dumping all over the road? Car looks like a piece of sh**!
May 10
Moved to Florida! I can't imagine why anyone in their damn mind would ever want to live in that God forsaken State of New York!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:15 AM  

12550, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by drat View Post
Aug. 12
Moved to our new home in New York. It is so beautiful here. The hills are so picturesque. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them. God's Country. I love it here!
Oct. 14
New York is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turning all different colors. I love the shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through some beautiful hills and spotted some deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most peaceful animals on earth. This must be Paradise?I love it here!
Nov. 11
Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such an elegant creature. The very symbol of peace and tranquility. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here!
Dec 2
It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won) and when the snowplow came by, we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. Mother nature in perfect harmony. I love New York!
Dec 12
More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did his trick again (that rascal). A winter wonderland?I love it here!
Dec 19
More snow last night?Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work this time! I'm exhausted from shoveling. That damn snowplow!
Dec 22
More of that white sh** fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow man hides around the corner and waits until I'm done shoveling this driveway. A-hole!
Dec 25
"White Christmas" my busted a**! More friggen snow. If I ever get my hands on that son of a b**** who drives that snowplow, I swear I'll castrate the dumb bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt this friggen ICE!
Dec 28
More white sh** last night. Been inside since Christmas Day except for shoveling out the driveway every time "Snowplow Harry" comes by. Can't go anywhere, cars buried in a mountain of white sh**. The weatherman says to expect another 10" of the sh** tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10" is?
Jan. 1
Happy Damn New Year, the weatherman was wrong (again). We got 34" of the white sh** this time. At this rate it won't melt before the 4th of July. The snowplow got stuck up the road, and the sh**head had the balls to come to the door and ask to borrow my shovel. After I told him I've broken 6 shovels already, shoveling all the sh** he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his damn head!
Jan. 4
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back, a damn deer ran in front of the car and I hit the bastard. Did about $3,000 worth of damage to the car. Those damn beasts ought to be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.
May 3
Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rotting out from all that damn salt they keep dumping all over the road? Car looks like a piece of sh**!
May 10
Moved to Florida! I can't imagine why anyone in their damn mind would ever want to live in that God forsaken State of New York!
Sounds about right I do love the snow and say bring it on when I hear 2 feet or 3 feet. I just wish they realized that salt is useless. All it does is melts the first light coating of snow that falls when it hits, then the snow that goes on top freezes it. Salt is only good to 27 degrees. I know in Idaho they just use sand. It doesn't eat vehicles but it does add grip to the road.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:55 AM  

New Paltz, New York
I've read that before. Funny stuff and so damn true. I do have my timing pretty good that I seem to be cleaning the driveway off as the plow has just finished. The trick for me is that I take my snow plow and wing back the the front part of my yard before the driveway so when the plow comes through there's less snow for him to drop back in front of the driveway.

As to salt, again thank all those folks who need to be going a 100 miles an hour on the roads. Lord forgive if we are prepared before the weather turns or don't have a clue on on how the four wheel drive button works in our car.

An if they do know how it works it does not mean you do 100 miles an hour still! Every winter you see that nice big SUV off the road. Just because you have four wheel drive does not mean you should do the posted speed limit. You still have to drive for the conditions.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:19 PM  

woodbury, new york
I hate the snow and I don't get nearly as much as some of you, I'm just outside NYC. That being said can anyone recommend a good snow thrower for under $1000? I have a 200' two car driveway. Thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 05:49 AM  

Poughkeepsie, ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovey428 View Post
I hate the snow and I don't get nearly as much as some of you, I'm just outside NYC. That being said can anyone recommend a good snow thrower for under $1000? I have a 200' two car driveway. Thanks
ck Craigslist, people are needing money right now and you should get a good deal
Old 12-14-2010, 11:56 AM  

New Paltz, New York
2x's on CL, but better move fast they will be gone or priced like new before you know it.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 PM  

Nope, PA
I am about ready.

Moved from burning 8 cords to relying on oil this year. mainly working on keeping the heat in - new windows and doors hitting that govt tax credit. hopefully oil around here doesnt get too high. might have been a bad decision!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.