Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 AM  

nyack, ny
Wind

The wind was the worst I have seen- It blew the chimney top off my chimney!

Old 12-28-2010, 09:24 PM  

Blue Point, New York
I"m jealous of you guys/gals that say you have stoves (pellet or otherwise). I bought a house last January...and the only source of heat I have besides on older plasma TV is my oil-burner.....and at 2.93$/gallon this past week.....I'm none to thrilled (or overflowing with cash ;-)

The windows in my house are original and I can feel all kinds of draftiness around each of them....I need to get those clear plastic covers that you use a hair-dryer to shrink...ought to help some!

Otherwise...just continuing to dig myself out of the remnants of this weekend's blizzard!

Cheers All!

Old 12-30-2010, 10:45 AM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
jdhiv4,

I'm into my stove and DIY chimney liner less than $1300. I bought 1 pallet of pellets so far for $2.87 per bag on sale at Lowe's and used a 10% off coupon for the total purchase of the stove, pellets and a big humidifier. So for around the cost of a tank of oil for me I'm up and running. I haven't used a drop of oil since I started burning pellets. Even though my stove is about the smallest available the hopper holds enough pellets to burn for 8 hours on high and can go better than 12 on the lowest setting.

In my opinion the stove is a better initial investment than windows or other insulation type tasks, a few excess btu's are cheap.

Shop Summers Heat 1500 Sq. Ft. Pellet Burning Stove at Lowes.com

Chimney liners,stainless steel chimney liners,flexible chimney liner
Old 01-04-2011, 10:59 AM  

New Paltz, New York
I got my woodstove from a friend remodeling his house for 200 bucks and it was two years old at the time. It's a big sucker that can take lengths of wood up to about 28 inches or so. Out of pocket for wood I paid 500 bucks ttl for 3 1/2 cords. I only buy a couple cords to finish filling my wood shed if I did not cut enough free stuff.

However, there really is no such thing as free firewood. Just ask anyone who has had to cut their own.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:01 AM  

New Paltz, New York
Well, the Holidays are over, bring on spring. Just keep that damn rain that comes with it.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:08 PM  
The Vampire's Wife

Sanborn, New York
I'm ready for more snow.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:06 AM  

Binghamton, New York
We're getting a lot more as I type.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 AM  

12550, New York
We got about 8" here in Newburgh. It was fun playing in the snow. Ebrake turns make it real easy to do a uturn on a narrow street

Dionysus, where in Binghamton are you, the city? I go there for school.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:54 AM  

Binghamton, New York
I prefer tight turns/donuts/power slides in an empty lot using the throttle. Rear wheel drive rocks.

I live in the suburbs, with a Binghamton address. You go to Binghamton University or Broome Community?

Dionysus.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:51 AM  

12550, New York
BU. I got to play in the parking lot at the gym yesterday after posting that.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads