Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2011, 08:01 PM  

Beacon, New York
Offroad Jeep Mechanics in Hudson Valley

I have a 1994 Grand Cherokee Limited (ZJ) with a 4.0L I6 and now that it has over 250K miles on it I was thinking about replacing and upgrading some worn items in order to make this once highway warrior (mostly TSP/SMP) into something a little more off-road capable.

Ideally I would like to stroke the engine so this 4.0L inline six cylinder engine might go to 4.5L or 4.7L. I would also like to get a 3.5 inch lift and go from the 27" stock tires to about a 30" or 31" tire (10.5" width).

Although I think I am capable of tackling either of these changes, I am realistic in that I know it might take me 5-10 years to complete (if I didn't get distracted to the point of losing interest). So what I really want is to know if there are some (or any) garages in the Hudson Valley that specialize in this kind of custom work. I have a good mechanic that does your basic/standard maintenance but he stays strictly inside the stock lines. I am looking for a garage that is more tailored to making off-road modifications and ideally is familiar with Jeeps.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!