Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2010, 03:49 PM  

Ogdensburg beer search

Not quite Syracuse, but I'll be in Ogdensburg NY in a couple days. I'm from Canada, but I get parcels shipped to Ogendsburg. When I'm there next time, I'll be looking for some interesting microbrewery beers. I haven't seen anything other than Sam Adams and Blue Moon. I'm just wondering if anyone has suggestions of where I can find something interesting in Ogdensburg. Thanks!

Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 PM  
Supporting Member

Rochester, NY
You're not kidding that's not Syracuse! Sorry I can't help you. I know nothing about the area.

edit: Moving thread to the general NY forum

Old 12-03-2010, 12:49 PM  

Albany, NY
Look for anything from Ommegang, Southern Tier, Brooklyn, Ithaca, Keegan, Lake Placid. All excellent NY brewers that should have product available pretty much state wide. Here's 1 from each that I would recommend...

Ommegang - Hennepin
Southern Tier - Gemini
Brooklyn - Sorachi Ace
Ithaca - Flower Power
Keegan - Mothers Milk
Lake Placid - Ubu

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:00 PM  
Supporting Member

Rochester, NY
Sorry - I read that all wrong. I thought you were looking for breweries to visit. All of daps suggestions are good ones. Also look for Middle Ages out of Syracuse.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:15 AM  

Perfect! Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for those.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM  

Don't know how far you're willing to go, but Sackets Harbor Brewing Co in Sacket's Harbor NY, has some good brews. While you can usually find the 1812 amber fairly easily, it isn't my favorite. If you can make it to the brew pub it is well worth the trip. The tap beers are brewed there. However, I think the bottled variety are brewed in either Ithaca or Utica I can't remember which.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!