Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 PM  

12550, New York
Yes, that is true, the STUDENT pays more... but the college receives the same amount. Being public, they receive public funding based on the number o students from that state/country based on the state/federal funding level.

Here in NY, take off about 10k-12k for the instate price you have and you get the SUNY (State University of New York) price. Binghamton is about $18k with room and board, but I have the smallest meal plan available.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:51 PM  

Islip, NY
I'm a student at SUNY Maritime College. This is a similar problem in our school. We are incredibly over crowded, and just as underfunded. With the nature of the Maritime business, there are a good amount of dealings with foreign students. We have a huge number of Turkish, and Bohemian, exchange students. Now there's talks of starting a Chinese program. In out situation, where my education is declining because of this problem. I just don't see the pros of this new program...

Old 11-23-2010, 12:55 PM  

Batavia, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
I want evidence of this Chinese student thing, before I comment
I work as a Paramedic in Erie County... We take many calls on the U.B. campus and let me tell you... It's true.... I've seen the population first hand..
Old 11-24-2010, 11:03 AM  

New York, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanathpc View Post
I work as a Paramedic in Erie County... We take many calls on the U.B. campus and let me tell you... It's true.... I've seen the population first hand..
That there are a number of Chinese students does not in any way mean that any level of government, federal or state, has instructed colleges to prefer Chinese applicants over American ones. Tony's statement is simply not true.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads