Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey > Newark / Jersey City
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 AM  

Brooklyn, NY
What to do in Newark?

Making a day trip. Where do you suggest I dine? Looking for something reasonably nice & unique to the area.. Any Ideas?

Old 12-20-2010, 04:27 PM  

Phillipsburg, NJ
I'd say the best thing to do while in Newark is to leave as quickly as possible, with the windows up and the doors locked.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 PM  

NYC
don't forget to wear your vest
Old 02-10-2011, 03:35 PM  

Newark is not as bad as you think. I was just there yesterday and am suprised at the changes. Yes, there are dangerous neighborhoods (you find them everywhere), but I think Newark's bad "rep" is exaggerated. There's not a lot of economic development there yet, but you can go to NJ Pac, They have the new sports arena there too. There's just not a lot of economic development there yet. No, it is not the "Wild, Wild, West," others make it out to be.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:47 AM  

Bergen County, NJ
Agreed. Its easy to get scared by the reputation it has in the media, but there are some beautiful spots in Newark. I agree on NJ Pac but I would not rule out other sites like the Sacred Heart Cathedral, area museums and Branch Brook park. The area also has some awesome authentic ethnic places to eat.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:18 PM  

White Castle? That's pretty much New Jerseys finest.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:26 AM  

Their is allot of good places and types of food to eat in Newark. For example you have Killkenneys and McGoverns they're Irish Pub/restaurants they have great food. Then if you go to the Iron bound section you have Iberia and Don Pepe's great Portugues and Spanish dishes. You'll also have many Brazilian Rodizio places like Brasilia Grill or my personal favorite Rio Rodizio. If you take a trip to North Newark and your on Bloomfield Ave and your in the mood for a hot dog well you have to go to two places first you have to go to JJ's hot dog truck Its located on Lake st and Bloomfield Ave and he's there until 3am. These hot dogs are legendary! Next is Dickey Dees. They have the best Italian hot dog in town and they are on 6th street and Bloomfield ave. You want Italian food? Head to Gencarellis 12th street and Bloomfield Ave.Their are many good places to eat and many places to visit in Newark. As far as being safe...all the above mentioned areas are good areas. Now if you go to the south side of Newark thats a different story. So leave your vest at home, roll your windows down because its not bad and hey if your in the mood for a slider head to White Castles.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:21 AM  

tucson, az
Quote:
Gencarellis 12th street and Bloomfield Ave
wow, I used to eat there in the 70s, of course further west along bloomfield ave there WAS the Seacrest.......mmmmmmmmm zuppa de mussels

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey > Newark / Jersey City
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.