Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2010, 05:58 PM  

Buffalo, NY
Well I was thinking about relocating to somewhere warmer ( I currently reside in Buffalo, NY and I am tired of the snow and cold). My good friend moved to the Raleigh area this past summer and loves it! He works for enterprise rent-a-car and I do not know if they paid his relocation expenses (he moved from Arizona). Good luck to ya! I will wait until summer and decide what to do.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:02 PM  

Southport, NC
Three nice places to live.

Ashville ,
Wilmington,
Asheboro,

Old 12-23-2010, 10:36 AM  

Sanford, NC
I've got to ask... Why Asheboro? The Zoo? I mean, it is a fine town but I've never considered it to be the "it" place to be. Of course, I don't consider where I live any better, in fact, it is worse on many aspects. Just curious.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:43 PM  

Greensboro, NC
Depends what your looking for. I was very hesitant to move here but the job and family made it happen. Turned out I'm very pleased with it. Much to do if you look for it. Our family stays very busy and there is so much more for us to see. I live in the Greensboro area but several people I know love the bigger towns like Charlotte or Raleigh and smaller like Asheville. Like anywhere, the schools are varied from great to the other end, start with greatschools.net. I'm about 4hrs from the beach, 1.5-2 hrs from mountains and skiing. Our family does a lot of camping, hiking, Jeeping, snowboarding, mountain biking, etc. There's rafting, fishing, hunting, etc available not to mention the history of the area. Not sure of the night life and singles scene but it seems pretty active. Good luck to all.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:38 AM  

wilmington, nc
what kind of work do you do? That might make a difference in where to look. I am biased of course, but definately check out the coast some more. Great place to live and be outdoors is wilmington area.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:25 AM  

Concord, NC
Hopefully you'll have a better time finding work than I did. It took me 10 months to find something and the best I could find was retail. :/
Old 02-03-2011, 03:55 PM  

Grew up in Greensboro, moved away, and then came back. Good town to raise a family.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:45 PM  

Moving to NC in these times is going to be rough.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:26 PM  

Overland Park, KS
No longer looking to move...am moving :)

Thanks to all for your input while this post was active. Going to see if I can summon it from the dead.

Looks like we will be moving after all. Roanoke Rapids or Henderson, or anywhere within 20 mins of either. Would like to find a home on some property, preferably with some outbuildings already in place.

We are outdoors people. So, hiking, camping, and lakes to start. I know the beach is a few hours, and we already have some favorite spots there. Married with kids, so not worried about the singles scene. More about the crime and safe areas.

If anyone wants to share about either of those locations, and where we should, or should not, go, please feel free.

On a side note. Looking to get into some Jeepin out there, so ideas on trails, clubs, etc would also be very welcome.

Thanks again!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!