Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 11:50 AM  

Millbrook, AL
NC-The east coast's California??

I haven't lived in NC in over 25 years, but my parents still live in the house they built in 1957, so I hear things from them too. What I'm hearing is basically that NC is becoming so liberal that it is being considered the California of the east coast.

I can only assume that's because of all the NY, NJ, and FL retirees moving in with their liberal mind set and ideas.

Seems to be a lot of illegals in the state as well. That surprises me considering the NC I left so long ago. I would've never believed that NC would become a haven for illegal immigrants.

Anyway, like I said, most of my information is second hand from my family still living in the state. What's your take on things?

Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
We were mentioned with the Southern States that all turned almost completely red in the House and Senate as "North Carolina not withstanding."
It's sad really. What happened to my home? We, the state that was the first to declare our independence from the British, have turned into a social welfare hell hole.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:15 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
It's true. Dead on.

And it's sad.

There are a lot of people from up north that do move here.
Half the people at my old store are from up north.
This really doesn't bother me unless northerners complain about NC and southern dialect.
I see a lot of illegals. Some of my costumers are illegals.
It aggravates me.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 PM  

Millbrook, AL
Well, I was happy (SO VERY HAPPY!!) to see NC in the red on the election results map. Maybe, with a lot of luck and finger crossing, the state can straighten itself out a little bit.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:02 AM  

Yanceyville, North Carolina
It is a great state with a lot of fine people in it, regardless of where they come from. Most of the problems are caused by the people running it!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:04 PM  

Millbrook, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by usaimages View Post
It is a great state with a lot of fine people in it, regardless of where they come from. Most of the problems are caused by the people running it!
Agreed +1

Now, lets see what a Republican controlled state government can do. The Republicans haven't controlled both sides of the NC Legislature since 1898. Maybe they'll finally pass a Castle Doctrine law that the Democrats have blocked so many times before.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:12 AM  

I can't even drive down the road without one of them trying to run me off of it. They can't drive for ****.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 PM  

Maryland is the California of the east. NC has some idiots but don't compare this state with that festering cesspool over on the wrong coast . . .
Old 02-15-2011, 12:50 PM  

Clayton, North Carolina
Its because all the friggin yankees that have moved here.

You move here because the north sucks.. why? cause you were there! So dont come down here and change our ways to yours.

Sad thing is in NC you used to could complain about the transplant yankees and people would agree. Now the friggin yankees outnumber the natives and start bashing you for it.

NC was a much more beautiful state years ago before the flow of NY/NJ transplants.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:50 PM  

Clayton, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM View Post
Maryland is the California of the east. NC has some idiots but don't compare this state with that festering cesspool over on the wrong coast . . .
We dont have enough mexicans or gays yet to be called california

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads