Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2010, 01:49 PM  

Greenville, North Carolina
Gonna have to say the Mountains.... especially the rock climbing and mountain biking.. it's awesome

Old 10-18-2010, 02:12 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Just beware the leafers if you head to the mountians for the next week or so. Florida people come up and stare at our trees, and drive at 4mph on major highways. It tends to annoy the locals.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:17 PM  

Cullowhee, North Carolina
The mountains, without a doubt. The scenery, the people, the food, the music, the culture, everything. Especially this time of the year, the mountains are beautiful! If you've not seen the parkway in fall, you HAVE to see it asap!

Also, you need to see Chimney Rock, Grandfather Mountain, and Mount Mitchell!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:15 PM  

waynesville, nc
mountains i love um
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 PM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyrok101 View Post
I grew up in Catawba County, less than an hour from Blowing Rock. Now I live 10 minutes from Wrightsville Beach. Just curious which side Carolinian's like the most...
I know after living at the coast for 6 months I REALLY miss the mountains and lush trees......But the beach is great come spring!
I used to live over in Hudson,not far from Blowing Rock.I still prefer the hills.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:46 PM  
Avast me hearties!

Spartanburg, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
Just beware the leafers if you head to the mountians for the next week or so. Florida people come up and stare at our trees, and drive at 4mph on major highways. It tends to annoy the locals.
Holy cow did you ever hit that one right on.I was coming back home down highway 221 from Linville running 35 and 40 in a 55mph zone.Every time I passed a car it was,NY,NJ,Marryland,Florida,or Philly.I thought I was never gonna get home.An hour ride almost took me 1.5 hours.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:51 AM  

Roanoke Rapids, NC
I think they are equal. I love them both.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:08 PM  

Charlotte, NC
Grew up in the mountains. gotta go with the mountains!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:14 PM  

reading, Pennsylvania
Depends on the family wishes and your needs/wants:

For more years than I can count, my family(parents, brothers, sister, brother in law, sisters in law, kids, nieces, nephews, their kids) have all done beach vacations in MD, NJ, DE, and the Outer Banks. Our favorite is Nags Head, quiet, peaceful, great beach, great time!

For me, I love hiking, so when it is just me or me and the guys, its the mountains! Can't beat rolling vistas, bears, fishing, just all around great guy time!

So that being said, if your family is outdoorsie then the mountains rock! If they are laid back, read a book, go surfing, snorkeling, girl watching then the beach it is!

To each there own!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:07 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Mid Point

as already posted; I live in the middle can be fishing in the surf; or riding motorbikes along the backroads in the mountains; All within a couple of hours.
Cape Hatteras; is 8-9 hour haul. My kind of beach in the fall

"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!