Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 10:47 AM  

Allentown, PA
That's a great photo. I think I'll have to do something similar, blow it up to poster size and put it on my wall above my desk.

I think the warm fuzzies from that will get me through most rotten days....

Rick

Old 11-19-2010, 06:02 AM  

Greenville, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD2459 View Post
Wish the ocean butted right up against the mountains!
SO True! I love to camp and hike the mountains, but can't beat the beach in the summer....sea water in the veins....sailing, scuba, fishing...

Old 12-03-2010, 06:36 PM  

Asheville, North Carolina
You can't beat the mountains.The beach is ok...but the mountains rule.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:22 PM  

Boone, NC
Mountains. The beach is great for a visit, but it just doesn't beat the diversity and beauty of the mountains. Sand and waves stay pretty much the same... And what all can you do- swim and sort of half-ass surf. Mountains have camping, fishing (okay, so does the beach!), hiking, mountain biking, backpacking, kayaking, rock climbing, rafting, etc....
Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 PM  

Southport, NC
love the Beach ,, but i love the mountains too,,, dang it!
Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_Sahara16 View Post
NC has great mountains and my family is from WV but I've gone the other way and absolutly love the beach.
I grew up in the mountains of NC and now live in the mountains of WV. I prefer NC, but I have a great career here so I won't be leaving for the next 23 years.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:46 AM  

Asheville, NC
This year I think most people in the mountains would most definitely pick the beach right now. Snow is beautiful and we have SO much. I'm all for the beach right now.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:09 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanative View Post
This year I think most people in the mountains would most definitely pick the beach right now. Snow is beautiful and we have SO much. I'm all for the beach right now.
That's what I'm thinking! I grew up in Asheville, and while visiting family for Christmas, and am still snowed in. I usually like coming back up from Atlanta to visit. There's something nice about driving through curvy roads and making my way through the Blue Ridge PKWY. I'm normally not much of a beach person, but I do find that the Outer Banks, Charleston, or Savannah are some coastal areas with more charm.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:18 PM  
Traveler

Asheville, NC
MOUNTAINS! but the occasional beach trip can't be beat
Old 01-07-2011, 09:59 AM  

Charlotte, NC
Don't think it's a one-or-the-other thing. Nice thing about the Carolinas is you have both in easy reach. I'm partial to the mountains, especially up around Linville gorge, and down into Lake James. I ride my mtn bike up there, and around Jonas Ridge, Wilson Creek, Table Rock, Pisgah, etc.

And when I go to the beach, it's usually down around Charleston (sorry Wilmington!). Outer banks are just too far (7 hrs from Charlotte), and you just gotta love that Charleston low country for it's history and dining!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!