Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 01:58 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit North Carolina

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-09-2010, 05:13 PM  

Greenville, North Carolina
Well - Carolina has some of the most beautiful beaches in the U.S. - It's second only to New York and California in terms of movie filming. But Carolina is predominately known for being only a couple hours away from mountains, forest, country, beaches, and cities. The area is just one LARGE suburbia It's cool too because Charlotte and the RTP (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) have two very different personalities, and basically have two different industries that drive them. RTP area is also a college area so it's got a fun night life. If one area sucks the next one is not but 15-20 mins away. RTP area also has one of the highest concentrations of people with PhD's in the world.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:53 AM  

High Point, North Carolina
There are all sorts of amazing sights in NC. The Outer Banks are an amazing sea of some of the highest sand dunes in the US (where the Wright Brothers had their first flight). While you are there you are only about 45 minutes from the gulf stream for some great "deep sea" fishing. The NC mountains are an evening drive from most of the coastline, and we have a HUGE amount of park areas, camping areas etc... If you are a hiker, then there are litterally about 35 places that I would consider absolutely amazing to hike. The people are very friendly, it is very inexpensive to travel through if you don't stay in center city hotels and it's football season... so you can catch the carolina panthers play. ACC basketball is the best in season and heck... you get the idea... It's a great place.

EDIT: I also noticed you are from LA (I'm from N. Hollywood). The most amazing thing you NEED to do is drive the blue ridge parkway in the fall. You've never seen such amazing trees. Unreal.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 AM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
x3, the outerbanks. Absolutely beautiful. . We also have beautiful mountain ranges as well. If you head to blue ridge parkway don't forget to check out the natural water slide, so much fun!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:29 AM  

High Point, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahdactyl View Post
x3, the outerbanks. Absolutely beautiful. . We also have beautiful mountain ranges as well. If you head to blue ridge parkway don't forget to check out the natural water slide, so much fun!
Absolutely. Again, there are so many great hiking points and outdoor attractions it ridiculous. Pilot Mountain is amazing, so is chimney rock, and well... most of the state.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:43 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Oh oh! and Check out Brown mountain! There are mysterious lights that people believe to be spirits and what not. Very interesting.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 PM  

Greenville, North Carolina
AND Black Mountain - really though, every region of this state has something... no.. 'something' isn't good enough - has SEVERAL things worth visiting going to. It gives me a headache to try and put it all into one paragraph because it's impossible.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:05 AM  
Mr. Moon

Grifton, North Carolina
the barbecue
Old 09-20-2010, 02:36 PM  
Yeah its me

Concord, North Carolina
you guys above can have the beaches...Mountains is where its at! we have the oldest mountain range in the US better known as URE (Uwharrie). camping, hiking, ORV trails, horse back, fishing, hunting, target range and more! lets not forget the Blue Ridge mtns. got the parkway which is awesome at any time of the year but fall color change (which is coming soon!!!) is breath taking. great fishing in the new river (which is 1 of 2 rivers in the world that flows north BTW) along with good kayak/canoe trips.

now to bring everyone here...the biggest emerald ever found in North America was found in Hiddenite, NC! there has been 2 huge finds with one rather recently. it was said to rival the best of the best jewelry worn by royalty. a quick search with Google.com will give you more info.

but if you want the beach...OUTER BANKS FTW! clean beaches, beautiful waters and great fishing! and one of the last places on earth to see wild horses roaming in nature.

NC has it all and its all within a few hours drive. proud to be born and raised in a great state
Old 09-20-2010, 07:34 PM  
You Dirty Rat!

Wilmington, NC
Two Words: Carolina Girls

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!